- Prime Minister Narendra Modi concludes his tour to Central Asia and Russia.
- During this Eight-day visit, he visited Five Central Asian countries (Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, Turkmenistan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan) and Russia.
- He also attended the BRICS and SCO Summits.
- BRICS : Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa
- SCO : Shanghai Cooperation Organisation.
- On the last leg of his visit, he reached Tajikistan.
- He held talks with Tajikistan's President Emomali Rahmon.
- MOUs Signed between Indian and Tajikistan :
- Programme of Cooperation (POC) between Ministries of Culture of India and Tajikistan in the field of Culture for the years 2016-18 : The POC envisages cooperation in the field of culture through exchange of expertise in protection, preservation and promotion of cultural heritage in both countries, exchange of information and experts and organization of cultural days in each other’s countries for greater cultural understanding between the countries.
- Exchange of Note Verbale (NV) on setting up of Computer Labs in 37 Schools in Tajikistan : The Note Verbale conveys the intention of Indian side to set up computer labs in 37 schools in Tajikistan for supporting Government of Tajikistan’s human resource and skill development efforts. The NV also outlines responsibilities of both sides in implementing the project.
- Road Transport and Highways Minister Nitin Gadkari has inaugurated India's longest road tunnel at Udhampur in Jammu and Kashmir today.
- This will cut the Jammu to Srinagar distance by 30 kms visit
- All preparations in place for Kumbh Mela which is going to begin in Nashik tomorrow.
- 1st 'Shahi Snan' is scheduled on August 29 during mela which is being organized after 12 years
- Similar preparations on for 12-day Godavari Maha Pushkaralu in Telangana and Andhra Pradesh states.
- Surat became the first city in the country to have a modern, real-time CCTV surveillance network.
- In the first phase, 104 CCTV cameras were installed at 23 locations together with a 280 square feet video wall, one of the largest in the country, at the city's police control room.
- CBI constituted a 40-member special team to probe Vyapam scam in Madhya Pradesh.
- On Thursday, a bench headed by Chief Justice H L Dattu had transferred the probe of all cases related to the scam to the CBI asking the investigating agency to file its report before the Apex Court on 24th of this month.
Science & Technology
- India has test-fired its indigenously developed Nag anti-tank guided missile.
- It can hit a target upto seven kilometres, from a helicopter.
- Civil Aviation Minister Ashok Gajapathi Raju today formally launched GAGAN, which would make airline operations more efficient and cut down costs as it reduces separation between aircraft, increase air safety and fuel efficiency.
- The new system will provide augmentation service for GPS over the country, Bay of Bengal, south east Asia and Middle East expanding up to Africa.
- GAGAN : GPS-Aided Geo Augmented Navigation
- Indians have won Three Wimbledon titles in 24 Hours.
- Sania Mirza along with Martina Hingis (Switzerland) has won Women’s Doubles title.
- Leander Paes along with Martina Hingis (Switzerland) has won Mixed Doubles title.
- Sumit Nagal along with Lý Hoàng Nam (Vietnam) won Boys’ Doubles title .
- Check complete winners list of Wimbledon 2015 from here.
- BCCI suspends Mumbai Ranji cricketer Hiken Shah for making corrupt approach to a fellow player during IPL.
People in News
- Malala Yousafzai, the youngest winner of the Nobel Peace Prize, has celebrated her 18th birthday in Lebanon on Sunday by opening a school for Syrian refugee girls.
- She called on world leaders to invest in “books not bullets”.
- She became a symbol of defiance after she was shot in the head in Pakistan in 2012 by the Taliban for advocating girls’ rights to education.
- She continued campaigning and won the Nobel in 2014.
- The Malala Fund, a non-profit organisation that supports local education projects, paid for the school in the Bekaa Valley, close to the Syrian border.
- It can welcome up to 200 girls aged 14 to 18.
Business & Economy
- The International Monetary Fund (IMF) has pledged to work with Greece and its European creditors to solve the country’s financial crisis after Monday’s bailout agreement.
- The conditional agreement allows Greece to temporarily avert the prospect of abandoning the euro and the global financial chaos that would cause.
Awards & Honors
- Miss Oklahoma Olivia Jordan was crowned Miss USA on Sunday, beating out 50 other contestants to win the 64th annual pageant.
- Four scientists from the Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Aligarh Muslim University, have jointly been awarded the prestigious William Harvey Award for 2015 in the field of Hematology.
- They are,
- Saeedul Hasan
- Arif Kafeel Akhtar
- Shagufta Qadri
- Suhailur Rahman
- Indian Director Vivek Agnihotri's political satire 'Buddha In A Traffic Jam' has won the Best Original Screenplay award in a foreign language category at the Madrid International Film Festival 2015.
- Read Current Affairs of 12th July 2015 from here
- Read Current Affairs of 1th July 2015 from here
- Read Current Affairs of 10th July 2015 from here
- Read Current Affairs of 9th July 2015 from here
- Read Current Affairs of 8th July 2015 from here
- Read Current Affairs of 7th July 2015 from here
- Read Current Affairs of 6th July 2015 from here
- Read Current Affairs of 5th July 2015 from here
- Read Current Affairs of 4th July 2015 from here
- Read Current Affairs of 3rd July 2015 from here
- Read Current Affairs of 2nd July 2015 from here
- Read Current Affairs of 1st July 2015 from here
Read more Daily Current Affairs updates from here