- In a new update, WHO said there have been 9,936 probable, suspected and confirmed cases of Ebola, mostly in Guinea, Sierra Leone and Liberia.
- The virus has already killed 4,877 people globally .
- A gunman with a scarf over his face shot to death a Canadian soldier standing guard at the nation’s war memorial yesterday, then stormed Parliament in a hail of gunfire before he was killed by the usually ceremonial sergeant-at-arms, authorities and witnesses said.
- Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper vows to intensify anti-terror efforts after this shooting incident in Parliament.
- Libyan Army troops pushed into Benghazi, the first time in two months that government forces had entered the eastern city, which has been under control of Islamist militias.