- Patna High Court is celebrating 100 years of its establishment.
- The court came into existance in the year 1916.
- President Pranab Mukherjee inaugurated the centenary celebration.
- The word 'Godse' is no longer unparliamentary except in reference to 'Nathuram Godse', Lok Sabha has ruled.
- Parliament had banned the use of the word in 1956.
- Mahatma Gandhi was assassinated by Nathuram Godse on January 30, 1948 in New Delhi.
- The order lifting the ban was passed yesterday and has brought much relief to Shiv Sena MP from Nashik Hemant Tukaram Godse who had pitched for removal of the word "Godse" from the list of "unparliamentary words".
- Lok Sabha Speaker : Sumitra Mahajan
- Cult Bollywood classic “Sholay”, starring Amitabh Bachchan and Dharmendra, hit theatres in Pakistan for the first time yesterday, 40 years after its India release.