- Today (20th August) is World Mosquito Day
- This day is a commemoration of Indian doctor Sir Ronald Ross's discovery in 1897 that female mosquitoes transmit malaria between humans.
- It was revealed by the recently released report ‘State of ICT in Asia and the Pacific 2016: Uncovering the Widening Broadband Divide’.
- It was published by United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP).
- Top 6 Countries in the List :
- China and India held their 8th high-level Financial and Economic Dialogue to strengthen trade and economic cooperation between the two Asian economies.
- This annual dialogue is aimed at facilitating exchange of ideas and status updates on common macroeconomic policies and problems faced by India and China.
- This year's dialogue is being held ahead of the G20 summit in China next month and the BRICS summit in October in India.
- India's Economic Affairs Secretary Shaktikanta Das held talks with his Chinese counterpart, Vice Minister for Finance Shi Yaobin.