- Today (2nd October) is International Day of Non-Violence, the birthday of Mahatma Gandhi.
- In January 2004, Iranian Nobel laureate Shirin Ebadi had taken a proposal for an International Day of Non-Violence.
- On 15 June 2007 the United Nations General Assembly voted to establish 2nd October as the International Day of Non-Violence.
- Ahead of the climate change summit in Paris later this year, India has pledged to curb its greenhouse gas emissions by up to 35% by 2030 from the 2005 level.
- In its INDC submitted to the UNFCCC last night, India announced that it aims at achieving around 40% cumulative electric power installed capacity from non-fossil fuel-based energy resources by 2030.
- INDC - Intended Nationally Determined Contribution
- UNFCCC - United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change
- Environment Minister : Prakash Javadekar