- The members of Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) today resolved an on-going deadlock and issued a joint statement that the ASEAN remains "seriously concerned" over recent developments in the South China sea issue.
- Note : The deadlock was over Philippines' request to include a UN Court ruling rejecting China's South China sea claims, which was blocked by China's ally Cambodia.
- During the G-20 countries' seminar that ended yesterday, Finance chiefs of world's biggest economies signalled toward rising concerns over anti-globalisation sentiment.
- There is more importance of inclusive economic growth after 'Brexit' vote, an official said.
- IMF chief Christine Lagarde said that there was a consensus that more needs to be done to share benefits of growth and economic openness.
- Nepal Prime Minister K.P. Sharma Oli has resigned, plunging the Himalayan nation into a fresh bout of political uncertainty.
- Important Note : He was elected the 38th Prime Minister of Nepal in October 2015.