- Indian government has today said it has proposed to transfer fertilizer subsidy directly into farmers' accounts and is planning a road map for the pilot project.
- The major challenge in operationalising this scheme lies in identification of beneficiary farmers as in many states the land records are neither accurate nor updated.
- According to the data released by States and Union Territories to National Crime Record Bureau (NCRB), nearly one child goes missing every 8 minutes in the country.
- An average of 60% of those missing are girls and around 44% of missing children have remained untraceable.
- Minister of State for Home Affairs : Haribhai Parthibhai Chaudhary
- A New Jersey-based construction management firm, Louis Berger International Inc, has been charged with paying a little under $1 million (over 6 crore at current exchange rates) in bribes for projects in Goa and Guwahati
- Union Minister of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution Ram Vilas Paswan has launched the Surakshit Khadya Abhiyan, a countrywide campaign, to create mass awareness and capacity building for safe and hygienic food.
- The objective of this Initiative is to Create countrywide awareness on the subject of “Food, Safety and Quality for All”
- The campaign planned by CII and its partners including Consumer Organization VOICE, and National Association of Street Vendors of India (NASVI), is an effort towards building a culture of food safety in the country.
- Under the campaign, nationwide sensitisation sessions on cleaning, hygiene and sanitation for safe food, walkathons and media dissemination programmes for consumers, street food industries will be organized across the country.
- The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA), has approved a Home Ministry
- CCTNS, an ambitious online system, is going to be a game changer in improving police citizen interface and speed up delivery of public services through police across the country.
- A central citizen portal having linkages with state-level citizen websites would be created under it.
- The system will provide a number of citizen friendly services including police verification for passports, reporting a crime,linkage with UIDAI, National Population Register and transport database.
- The Lok Sabha was informed today that 14 States and Union Territories have already achieved or exceeded the literacy rate of 80 percent.
- Those 14 states are,
- Daman and Diu,
- Andaman and Nicobar Islands,
- National Capital Territory of Delhi,
- Himachal Pradesh,
- Sikkim and
- Tamil Nadu.
Awards & Honors
- Noted Candadian writer Naomi Klein has won the American Book Award for the year 2015.
- Pipavav Defence & Offshore Engineering Co Ltd (PDOC), now a part of Reliance Anil Dhirubhai Ambani Group (RADA), has signed an agreement with JSC Ship Repairing Centre Zvyozdochka, Russia, for medium refits and life certification of 877 EKM submarines in India.
- Under this agreement, Zvyozdochka will provide complete technical assistance and support to the JV, including for the enhancement of infrastructure at the PDOC facilities, training of engineers, and the like. PDOC technicians will also be closely associated with the first refit to be carried out in Russia.
- Note : Zvyozdochka is the premier ship repairing centre in Russia, it has undertaken upgradation/refurbishment of more than 120 submarines and 90 warships.
Science & Technology
- India has earned about 100 million USD launching 45 foreign satellites till date and revenue from its commercial space missions is poised to grow with another 28 foreign satellites planned to be put into orbit between 2015 and 2017.
- Until now, 45 satellites from 19 countries have been launched by the ISRO and the income generated through this amounts to around 17 million USD and 78.5 million Euros (85 million USD).
- Note : The government has sanctioned 15 smaller PSLV launchers worth Rs 3,090 crore which would be built during 2017-2020.
- Science and Technology Minister : Harsh Vardhan
Business & Economy
- The Union Cabinet has given its approval to continuation of Interest subvention Scheme to public sector banks (PSBs), private sector commercial banks, regional rural banks (RRBs), cooperative banks and NABARD to enable them to provide short-term crop loans of up to Rs 3 lakh to farmers at 7 per cent per annum during 2015-16.
- The Cabinet has approved an additional interest subvention of 3 per cent per annum for those farmers who repay on time.
- The cabinet also decided to provide relief to farmers affected by natural calamities, where the interest subvention of 2 per cent will continue to be available to banks for the first year on the restructured amount.
- Note : For 2015-16, the target of agriculture credit has been raised to Rs 8,50,000 crore, from Rs 8,00,000 in 2014-15.
- In an effort to enhance communication skills of the umpires, the BCCI, as part of the Umpire Development Programme has decided to host an English language upskilling course.
- The course will be conducted for the first batch of 20 umpires by a trainer from the British Council from July 23rd.
- The course has been designed by the International Cricket Council (ICC) along with the British Council and will be held at the BCCI headquarters in Mumbai.
Daily Current Affairs of July 2015
- Read Current Affairs of 21st July 2015 from here
- Read Current Affairs of 20th July 2015 from here
- Read Current Affairs of 19th July 2015 from here
- Read Current Affairs of 18th July 2015 from here
- Read Current Affairs of 17th July 2015 from here
- Read Current Affairs of 16th July 2015 from here
- Read Current Affairs of 15th July 2015 from here
- Read Current Affairs of 14th July 2015 from here
- Read Current Affairs of 13th July 2015 from here
- Read Current Affairs of 12th July 2015 from here
- Read Current Affairs of 1th July 2015 from here
- Read Current Affairs of 10th July 2015 from here
- Read Current Affairs of 9th July 2015 from here
- Read Current Affairs of 8th July 2015 from here
- Read Current Affairs of 7th July 2015 from here
- Read Current Affairs of 6th July 2015 from here
- Read Current Affairs of 5th July 2015 from here
- Read Current Affairs of 4th July 2015 from here
- Read Current Affairs of 3rd July 2015 from here
- Read Current Affairs of 2nd July 2015 from here
- Read Current Affairs of 1st July 2015 from here
Read more Daily Current Affairs updates from here