- Today (3rd December) is International Day of Persons with Disabilities.
- This day has been commemorated since 1992 to promote awareness and mobilize support for critical issues relating to the inclusion of persons with disabilities in society and development.
- Themes of International Day of Persons with Disabilities
- The theme of the year 2011 : “Together for a better world for all: Including persons with disabilities in development”.
- The theme of the year 2012 : “Removing barriers to create an inclusive and accessible society for all”.
- The theme of the year 2013 : “Break Barriers, Open Doors: for an inclusive society and development for all”.
- The theme of the year 2014 : “Sustainable Development: The Promise of Technology”.
- The theme of the year 2015 : "Inclusion matters: access and empowerment for people of all abilities"
- The union cabinet today approved signing an agreement for amending the double taxation avoidance convention with Japan that was first signed in 1989 to check fiscal evasion.
- A provision has also been made in the protocol for sharing information from Japan on Indians with other law enforcement agencies.
- A broad coalition of nations including India, river basin organizations, business and civil societies from across the globe today announced Paris Pact on Water and Climate Change Adaptation to make water systems - the very foundation of sustainable human development - more resilient to climate impacts.
- These major collaborative projects represent over $ 20 million in technical assistance and potentially over $ 1 billion in financing.
- India, on its part, committed to build climate resilience through improved groundwater management in the country.
- The Indian government today approved a post facto agreement with Germany to expand bilateral cooperation in the field of solar energy
- The Union Cabinet approved a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU), which was signed in October, 2015, between India and Germany, to expand bilateral development cooperation in the field of Solar Energy by increasing use of solar energy in India through technical as well as financial cooperation.
- Under the agreement, Germany would provide concessional loans in the range of one billion Euros over the next five years through Kreditanstalt fur Wiederaufbau (KfW).
- Youngest revolutionary Khudiram Bose's (3 December 1889 – 11 August 1908) birth anniversary today.
- At the time of his hanging, he was 18 years, 8 months 8 days old.
- Hockey Legend, Major Dhyan Chand's 36th Death Anniversary today.
- He won 3 Olympic Gold Medals (1928, 1932 & 1936)
- He scoredmore than 400 goals durng his international career.
- He is known as the Wizard for his superb ball control.
- Dr RajendraPrasad, first President of India's birth anniversary today.
- Bhopal is observing the 31st anniversary of gas leak tragedy, one of the worst industrial disaster of the world.
- Prime Minister announces 1000-crore rupees additional relief for flood hit Tamil Nadu.
- Goa Government has launched the National Food Security Act (NFSA), 2013 with an aim to benefit more than one third of the state's population.
- As per the reports, the Act is likely to bring more than one third population of the coastal state into legal entitlements of existing food security programmes and schemes of the Central Government.
- Pulin Kumar, group senior legal and compliance director of adidas India, has been conferred with the Indian National Bar Association's General Counsel of the year 2015 - Retail Award.
- Kumar received the award for his contribution to the legal field in and outside the country for more than 21 years.
- Veteran industrialist and founder of the Rs 10,000 crore business empire Chettinad Group, M A M Ramaswamy passed away.
- Senior-most Supreme Court judge Justice Tirath Singh Thakur was today sworn in as 43rd Chief Justice of India by President Pranab Mukherjee at a function in Rashtrapati Bhavan.
- He took over from Justice H L Dattu who retired yesterday.
- He would have the tenure as CJI for a little over one year and would retire on January 4, 2017.
- Renowned biologist and Nobel (Chemistry) winner, Sir Venkatraman Ramakrishnan has been appointed as the President of the British Royal Society.
- He became the 61st President of Royal Society and he has joined the elite group of scientists such as Isaac Newton, Joseph Banks, Humphry Davy, and Ernest Rutherford, who had held the same position.
Read more Daily Current Affairs updates from here