Kristalina Georgieva is World Bank CEO
Georgieva is currently European commission vice-president for budget and human resource, a post in which she oversees a €161bn (£144bn) budget. She served in a number of positions at the World Bank between 1993 and 2010, including director of sustainable development.
Important Points to Note about Kristalina's Appointment as World Bank CEO :
- Georgieva is the first CEO of the World Bank.
- Although the title of CEO is newly created, Georgieva will effectively replace Sri Mulyani Indrawati, formerly the bank’s managing director and chief operating officer, who was appointed Indonesian finance minister in July.
- She will begin her appointment by January 2017.
Important Details you should know about World Bank :
- Head Quarters : Washington
- Established on : 1944
- President : Jim Yong Kim
- CEO : Kristalina Georgieva
- Vice-President for South Asia : Annette Dixon
- Country Director for India : Junaid Ahmad
- Member Countries : 189 Countries
- New Member : Nauru on 12th April 2016