- This is a social media banking platform for Facebook and Twitter users. Using SBI Mingle, the SBI customers can do a host of banking services on their Facebook or Twitter at their own
- The customers have to register for this service through a simple one time registration process using either their account number or their ATM/Debit Card details.
- After registering they can undertake the various banking facilities available on the platform.
- Currently balance enquiry, mini statement, funds transfer within SBI as well as inter-bank and beneficiary management services are available for Facebook.
- On Twitter, using hashtags the customers can find out their account balance and view mini statements.
- The Bank is offering its millennial customers a new digital experience allowing them to do banking as part of their everyday lives.
SBI Digital Villages
- This initiative aimed at transforming villages into cash less eco-system by adopting them.
- In its first leg the bank has adopted 21 villages to be moved on the digital platform and plans to bring 100 villages under this initiative across the country by the end of the financial year 2017.
Pre-approved EMI Facility
- The bank has also partnered with Indian e-commerce company Flipkart to offer its consumers the facility of pre-approved EMI Facility on purchases.
- Under this partnership SBI will provide overdraft facility to pre-qualified set of customers for transacting on Flipkart for a minimum purchase of Rs. 5000.
- The EMI facility will be available in 3 tenures - 6, 9 and 12 months.
- The bank will not charge any fees to process the facility.