Day 16 : Com, Col, Con, Cor, Co
- com, col, con, cor, co - with; together
- Collect (verb) = to bring things together from different people or places.
- col - Prefix = together
- lect (legere) - Root = choose
- Concentrate (verb) = to bring something together in one place.
- con - Prefix = together
- centr (centrum) - Root = centreate - Suffix = cause to be
Let's have a look at some more words with com, col, con, cor, co prefixes, for better understanding.
- connect = to link together
- compute = to calculate something
- cooperation = a joint effort or labor
- correct = accurate or true, without any mistakes
- concept = an abstract idea
- combat = to fight with somebody (especially during war)
- concord = agreement and peace with your fellow country / people
- compound = something consisting of two or more different parts
Home Work :
Try to guess the meanings of the following elements.
c. the state of
d. can be
Try to match the above elements with given meanings. Solve it on your own and
That's all for today guys..... Thank you :)
You can read Old Lessons of this series from here
English and Foreign Languages University,