Day 15 : Circum, Circ
- circum, circ - around; about
- circumstance (noun) - Prefix = a condition of a fact.
- circum - Prefix = around
- stance (stare) - Root = stand
- circumference (noun) = the line around the plane surface of a circle.
- circum - Prefix = around; about
- fer (ferre) - Root = carry; bear
- ence - Suffix = the state of
- circumcise = to cut around
- circuit = the distance around an area or space
- circumvent = to go or travel around something that is blocking your way.
- circle = a round plane figure
- circular = a letter or advertisement about something which is distributed to a large number of people.
- circumspect = very careful about the result of something (not to take risks)
- circumlocution = an indirect way of saying something, especially something unpleasant:
Home Work :
Try to guess the meanings of the following elements.
Try to match the above elements with given meanings. Solve it on your own and
That's all for today guys..... Thank you :)
You can read Old Lessons of this series from here
English and Foreign Languages University,