Day 13 : Bi, Bin, Bis
- bi, bin,bis - two, twice
- bicycle (noun) = a two wheeled vehicle for travel by foot-power.
- bi - Prefix = two
- cycle (kuklos) - Root = wheel
- bin (bini) - Prefix = two together
- ocul (oculus) - Root = eye
- ar - Suffix = thing that
Let's have a look at some more words with bi, bin, bis prefixes, for better understanding.
- bifocal = having two lenses
- bilingual = using two languages
- bilateral = involving two groups or countries
- bimonthly = something that occurs every two months
- bisect = to divide something into two equal parts
- bipedal = an animal that walks on two legs
- bigamy = the crime of marrying a person while already legally married to someone else (2nd marriage)
- biannual = happening twice a year:
Home Work :
Try to guess the meanings of the following elements.
Try to match the above elements with given meanings. Solve it on your own and
That's all for today guys..... Thank you :)
You can read Old Lessons of this series from here
English and Foreign Languages University,