About Marlon James
- He is from Jamaica
- He has published Three Novels. They are,
- The Book of Night Women - Published in 2009
- John Crow's Devil - Published in 2010
- A Brief History of Seven Killings - Published in 2014 (He won Man Booker Prize 2015
About A Brief History of Seven Killings
- This reggae- and drug-infused novel was inspired by an attempt to kill reggae star Bob Marley in 1976.
- The 686-page novel, which uses Jamaican patois, Harlem slang and liberal doses of scatological language, tells the story of a gang of cocaine-fuelled ghetto kids armed with automatic weapons who tried but failed to kill Marley in the Jamaican capital Kingston before he gave a peace concert.
About Man Booker Prize 2015
- First Awarded in : 1969
- This prize carries a top cash award of ₤50,000 ($76,000)
- Last year's winner : Richard Flanagan (Australian) for his book “The Narrow Road to the Deep North” .
- Marlon James (Jamaica), A Brief History of Seven Killings [Winner]
- Tom McCarthy (UK), Satin Island
- Chigozie Obioma (Nigeria), The Fishermen
- Sunjeev Sahota (UK), The Year of the Runaways [Indian origin author, couldn't make it to the finals selection]
- Anne Tyler (US), A Spool of Blue Thread
- Hanya Yanagihara (US), A Little Life