Highlights of RBI Monetary Policy
- Cuts interest rate by 0.5 per cent to boost economy
- Repo rate adjusted to 6.75 pc, lowest in 4-years
- Expects banks to pass on entire benefit to borrowers
- CRR remains unchanged at 4 pc
- GDP forecast for 2015-16 lowered to 7.4 pc
- Tentative economic recovery underway, far from robust
- Global environment looking weak; not good for India
- Growth likely to pick up in later part of this fiscal
- CPI inflation expected to reach 5.8 pc in January 2016
- Inflation is likely to go up from Sept
- FPI investment limit in debt securities to be fixed in rupee term
- FPI investment limit in govt bonds to be hiked to 5 pc by 2018
- RBI to issue final guidelines on base rate computation by November-end.
- Fifth Bi-monthly Monetary Policy on December 1.