W-20 (Women -20)
- What is W-20-----W20 is an engagement group fully committed to achieve a gender inclusive global economic growth in the G20 countries through the economic empowerment of women.
- Aim of W-20------To increase women's participation in the business world.
- Who was first proposed Establishment of W-20 -----Deputy Prime Minister Ali Babacan of Turkey
- When was established ----- the establishment of the W20 in April 2015 under the Turkish Presidency.
- Commitments :
- Achieving women’s full economic and social participation
- Enhancing women’s financial inclusion and education
- Reducing the participation gap between women and men in our countries by 25 per cent by 2025
- The first President of W20 ----- Dr. Gülden Türktan(one of the founders and President of the Women Entrepreneurs' Association in Turkey (KAGIDER ))
- Official Launch Event ---- 6 September 2015---The W20 Official Launch held in Ankara to introduce W20 to the world.
- Who were key persons at official launch --- Turkish Prime Minister Ahmet Davutoğlu, IMF Managing Christine Lagarde and OECD Secretary-General José Ángel Gurría
- G20 heads of government summit ----- Antalya in November.
- Official website -------- http://w20turkey.org
- The first summit ------ 07-08 Oct 2015
- Venue of first summit ------- Istanbul, Turkey