- Try to cover all the basic grammar topics. Concentrate more on Synonyms and Antonyms. Last time many questions were from synonyms.. nearly 5 or 6 out of 25.. They asked synonym of infamy, cessinate, procrastinate, etc..
- Then sentence correction were lik 4 to 6.
- Direct to indirect speech-2qns.
- Better practice with bank exams' English knowledge papers. That's enough.
- It was so easy and I was able to attend all the questions.. Basic reasoning questions and it was very easy. So better focus on reasoning basics. No syllogism or non verbal questions were asked..So maximum chances are there that the paper will be same for this time too.. So don't waste much time in preparing these sections.
- Last time people expected General Knowledge questions more. But to our surprise most of the questions are from Current Affairs. So focus more on last 6 months' current affairs. Some of the questions I remember from last time's exam are,
- which state is recently constructing project of uranium
- which of the following is a private bank (options were lik IDBI,Axis, UCO)
- which bank has combined with the centurian bank
- which of the following is the term related with economics (answer was deflation)
- recently in assam a wire fence was contructed, tis forms as border between india and which country..?
- Press freedom day
- which animal is affected by bird flu
- world bank recently penalised india, for what reason..?
- who is the costume designer who got award recently and was in news recently
- which of the following abbrevation relates to food security (options were ASHA,WTO,etc)
- gold revolution is associated with which of the following..?
- where physical olympoid of 2011 held.?
- the slogan, "applying thoughts" belongs to which company - wipro
- Focus on basic maths and simplification. Last time they have asked questions from
- Numerical ability (quite easy)
- basic number system, square root
- then discount question-1
- Computer literacy was kinda tough..
- There was no basic questions, they asked questions in deep. So you have to focus more in this section.
Descriptive paper :
- Comprehension was about manual scavengers.
- Essay topics were, the changes mobile phones have made in communication and the privatizing insurance companies
- The precis writing was about Indian theaters
There had been ample of time.. and no time management was needed in it.. So all that you have to do is stay cool and be focused. You surely will get good marks.Please share your views below at comments section. All the Best.
Thanks to Dhivya Yuvaraj for the review
Update : Review shared by Sandeep Swami
Who made first calculator using cathod rays ? ( Correct me if I'm wrong in question )
Uranium project started in which state ?
Vedanta Aluminia is operating in which product ? (
In India forest is ….. % ?
Highest asian GDP country ?
National research center on plant bio is located at ?
Golden revolution refers to ?
Bayan is in which state ?
India and South korea recently signed agreement on ?
Centurian Bank is taken over by ?
Which company have tagline “ Thnik different “ ?
Press freedom day ?
2000th test in between which countries ?
India recently started to make 76 wire fence at which border ?
That's all for G.K
2. Spotting error
3. Meaning and opposite meanings
1. sum of two number is 24 and product is 143 then sum of their square is ?
Ans : 290
2. sum of two number is 45 and product is 500 then G.C.F is ?
Ans : 5
3. There is one question time and work ( was simple one )
4. On Volume and surface area .
5. Which is packet switching n/w? ( Ring , LAN , WAN )
Sorry friends , thats all I remember for Numberical Analysis However problems were quite simple.
Reasoning : Was also simple but little bit time consuming
- Cloze test
- Precis writing
- Essay :
- Mobile communication revolutions ( change ways )
Thanks to Sandeep Swami for the review
Read Descriptive Paper Study Material from below :
- Precis Writing Tips
- How to write Good Precis for SBI PO Exams ?
- Approach to Precis Writing
- Important Techniques to Compress the given data for Precis Writing
- Precis Writing Examples
- Letter Writing Tips
- Essay Writing Tips
Previously posted for NICL AO Re-Exam 2013