1. The lowest layer of the atmosphere is
a. Goa – mangalore
b. Roha – Mangalore
c. Kanyakumari – Mangalore
d. Kanyakumari – Mumbai
3. Bark of this tree is used as a condiment _____
4. How much of the Earth’s land surface is desert?
5. Which of the following is called the ‘shrimp capital of India’ ?
6. River Indus originates from
a. Hnidukush range
b. Himalayan range
c. Karakoram range
d. Kailash range
7. Which of the following is the smallest bird ?
c. Humming bird
d. House sparrow
8. The world’s only floating national park is situated in
b. Kaula lampur
9. Which of the following folk/tribal dances is associated with Uttar Pradesh ?
10. Sea breeze is formed during
a. Day time
b. Night time
11. What percentage of world’s freshwater is stored as glacial ice?
12. Which one of the following rivers of India does not make a delta ?
13. The pass located in himachal Pradesh is
14. Which one of the following state has longest coastline ?
b. Tamil nadu
d. Andhra Pradesh
15. Match the following and select the correct answer from the codes given below :
1) Himachal Pradesh
3) Uttar Pradesh
a. A-2, b-4, c-1, d-3
b. A-2, b-3, c-4, d-1
c. A-3, b-2, c-1, d-4
d. A-4, b-3, c-1, d-2
16. An example of false fruit is
17. For how many years have the dinosaurs been extinct ?
a. About 25 million years
b. About 65 million years
c. About 100 million years
d. About 135 million years
18. A geostationary satellite revolves round the earth rom
a. East to west
b. West to east
c. North to south
d. South to north
19. The rear side of the moon was photographed by
b. Viking II
c. Luna III
d. Mariner IX
20. Which phenomenon do bats or dolphins use to find prey, predators or obstacles ?
a. Refraction of sound
b. Formation of beats
c. Scattering of sound
d. Echo location
Liked this post ?
- Download Previous Paper of SSC CGL Exam held on 8th July 2012 from here
- Download Previous Paper of SSC CGL held on 16th May 2010 from here