Important Points to Note about Deepa Malik :
- She is the first Indian woman to win a medal at Paralympics,
- She has 4 Limca Adventure Records to her name.
- This includes crossing a 1km stretch of the Yamuna river against the current, riding 58km on a special bike, doing the longest pan-India drive by a paraplegic woman, and driving across nine high altitude passes in nine days in Ladakh.
- She was the oldest ever recipient of the Arjuna award in 2012 at 42 years of age.
- Note : A spinal tumour left Deepa paraplegic and confined her to a wheelchair in 1999.