Day 28 : Extra, Extro
- extra,extro - outside; beyond
Let's try to understand this with some examples
Let's have a look at some more words with extra, extro prefixes, for better understanding.
- extramarital = happening outside marriage
- extrajudicial = happening outside the normal power of law
- extraterritorial = valid outside the country where the law was made
- extraordinaire = outstanding in a particular capacity
- extrapolate = extend the application of (a method or conclusion) to an unknown situation by assuming that existing trends will continue or similar methods will be applicable
- extramural = outside the walls or boundaries of a town or city
- extracurricular - outside the normal routine
Try to guess the meanings of the following elements.
Try to match the above elements with given meanings. Solve it on your own and
That's all for today guys..... Thank you :)
You can read Old Lessons of this series from here
English and Foreign Languages University,