Day 26 : Eu
- eu - well; pleasant; good
Let's try to understand this with some examples
Let's have a look at some more words with eu prefixes, for better understanding.
- eulogize = to praise somebody / something very highly
- euphemism = a nice way to say something harsh
- euphony = pleasant sound
- euphonious = full of pleasing sound
- eulogy = words of praise, usually for the dead
- euphoria = a feeling of well-being
- euthanasia = painless putting to death (mercy killing)
- eugenics = breeding for racial improvement
- eureka = a shout of triumph "I have found it!"
- eutrophic = the process by which a body of water becomes enriched in dissolved nutrients (as phosphates) that stimulate the growth of aquatic plant life usually resulting in the depletion of dissolved oxygen
- eupepsia - good digestion
Try to guess the meanings of the following elements.
b. on going
d. to make
Try to match the above elements with given meanings. Solve it on your own and
That's all for today guys..... Thank you :)
You can read Old Lessons of this series from here
English and Foreign Languages University,