Day 3 : Ad, Ac, Af, Ag, Al, An, Ap, Aq, Ar, As, At
ad, ac, af, ag, al, an, ap, aq, ar, as, at - to; toward
Let's try to understand this with some examples....
aggressive (adjective) = wanting to attack
- accept (verb) = to receive, to take to oneself
- ac (ad) - Prefix = to
- cept (capere) - R = take
Let's have a look at some more words with ad, ac, af, ag, al, an, ap, aq, ar, as, at prefixes, for better understanding.
- attest = to prove that something is true
- affix = to stick or attach something to something else
- allocate = to give something officially to somebody
- announce = to give information about something in a public place
- arrest = to take them away to ask them about a crime that they might have committed
- appreciate = to value or admire highly
- adjective = to describe a noun or pronoun
- aggregate = to form by adding together several amounts or things
Home Work :
Try to guess the meanings of the following elements.
Try to match the above elements with given meanings. Solve it on your own and
That's all for today guys..... Thank you :)
English and Foreign Languages University,