My name is Pratik Ankar. Here I am sharing Vocabulary from today’s Indian Express, Editorial page.
Hope this will help you.
- Articulated (Adjective) – Having two or more sections connected by a flexible joint.
- Enraged (Adjective) – Very angry, Furious.
- Infidel (Noun) – A person who has no religion or whose religion is not that of the majority.
- Opium of the people (Phrase) – Something regarded as inducing a false and unrealistic sense of contentment among people.
- Oppression (Noun) – Prolonged cruel or unjust treatment or exercise of authority.
- Haughty (Adjective) – Arrogantly superior and disdainful.
- Clemency (Noun) – Mercy / lenience
- Annal (Noun) – Record of the event of one year.
- Anarchy (Noun) – A state of disorder due to absence or non-recognition of authority or other controlling systems
- Cacophony (Noun) – A harsh discordant mixture of sounds.
- Stirred a hornet’s nest (Phrase) – Make trouble/ cause of commotion.
- Imminent (Adjective) – About to happen.
- Reciprocity (Noun) - The practice of exchanging things with others for mutual benefit, especially privileges granted by one country or organization to another
- Consummate (Adjective) – Showing great skill and flair.
- Ajar (Adverb & Adjective) – Slightly Open (a door).
- Vehemently (Adverb) – In a forceful, passionate or intense manner; with great feeling.
- Refuted (Verb) – Prove to be wrong or false; disprove.
- Emboldened (Verb) – Give the courage or confidence to do something.
Correct me if I get wrong somewhere.