Topic 1 : "Stay the course on Pakistan talks"
- Tackle - To Handle / Deal with.
- Resumption - The act of resuming.
- Agenda - Plan / Outline.
- Guarded - Protected.
- Optimism - Feeling of being hopeful about the future or about the success of something in particular.
- Skirmishes - Fight between people.
- Rhetoric - Very impressive speeech bit may not be sincere or honest.
- Venturing - Doing something that involves risks of failure.
- Kick-start - Action that will start quickly.
- Stalled - Temporarily stopped process.
- Derail - Prevent it from continuing as planned.
- Renewed - To begin or take up again.
- Internalise - To incorporate through socialism.
- Desist - Stop.
Topic 2 : "The law and the celebrity"
- Conflict - Struggle / Fight.
- Chary - Fairly cautious or careful.
- Skewed - To turn aside.
- Folk - Traditional or typical of a particular community or nation.
- Wisdom - Knowledge About What is true.
- Cave in - To cause to fall in / Surrender.
- Pelf - Money or wealth.
- Verdict - Judgement / Decision.
- Blow - (Here) Disappointment.
- Cynicism - It is the belief that people always act selfishly.
- Rarefied - Special social status that makes it different from ordinary life.
- Lenient - Not as strict as expected.
- Milieu - Surroundings.
- Swayed - Influenced.
- Acquitting - To relieve from a charge of fault / To release.
- Revive - Take up again.
- Unreliable - Not dependable.
- Latter - Near to the end.
- Exposed - Left open.
- Shoddy - Poor quality / Careless.
- At the wheel - (Here) Person having great influence.
- Crucial - Important.
- Lapses - Temporary lack.
- Convictions - Act of proving the guilty of offence or crime.
Read Previous Posts of THE HINDU English Vocabulary from here