Business & Economy
- Today (11th October) is International Day of the Girl Child.
- This is an international observance day declared by the United Nations.
- First International Day of the Girl Child was observed on 11th October 2012.
- Themes of International Day of the Girl Child
- Theme of 2012 : Ending child marriage
- Theme of 2013 : Innovating for girl's education
- Theme of 2014 : Empowering Adolescent Girls: Ending the Cycle of Violence
- Theme of 2015 : The Power of the Adolescent Girl: Vision for 2030
- India has extended a 100 million US dollar line of credit to Jordan.
- An Australian art gallery has agreed to give a 2,000-year-old Buddha sculpture back to India.
- 113rd Birth Anniversary of Bharat Ratna Loknayak JayaprakashNarayan being celebrated today.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi today announced that 26th November, the day Constitution was adopted, will be observed a Samvidhan Divas (Constitution Day).
- The veteran South Indian film actress Manorama (78)passed away.
- Fondly called as “Aachchi,” she has performed in versatile supporting roles in more than a thousand films in Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam, Kannada and Hindi.
- She has acted with five chief ministers like Annadurai, MG Ramachandran, NT Rama Rao, M. Karunanidhi and J.Jayalalithaa and has performed with five generations of actors.
- Awards & Honors :
- She was awarded the Padama shri in 2002.
- She won the National Film award for best supporting actress for the movie Pudhiya Pathai in 1989.
- She was the recipient of the Kalaimamani award by the government of Tamil Nadu.
- She holds a Guinees world record for acting more than 1000 number of films.
- India & Jordan sign 6 MoUs in various fields.
- Agreements on Maritime Transport, Communication and Information Technology and Cultural exchange featured in the MoUs which were signed.
- India and Maldives inked two MoUs on Cooperation between Foreign Service Institutes of both countries and for cooperation sports and youth affairs.
- These MOUs were signed between External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj and her Maldivian counterpart Dunya Maumoon.
Business & Economy
- The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) has carried out searches at Bank of Baroda branches in New Delhi in connection with the alleged transfer of Rs 6100 crore black money to Hong Kong.
- Khadga Prasad Oli, Chairman of the Communist Party of Nepal-Unified Marxist Leninist, has been elected the new Prime Minister of Nepal.
- Vijender Singh, India's first Olympic medal winning boxer, defeats Briton Sonny Whiting to win his debut Pro-Boxing bout.
- Note : Vijender's next fight is on 30th October.
- India has won 4-test men's hockey series against New Zealand.
- Indian Shuttler Ajay Jayaram wins Men's singles title at the Dutch Open Grand Prix.
- The greatest ever footballer of all times Mr Edson Arantes da Nascimento, also known as Black pearl or “Pele” has arrived on a 3 day visit to Kolkata.
- This is the Second time the legend has set his foot in the City with his first visit coming in 1977.
Important : Download Quick Review of September 2015 (Pdf File) from here