Directions (Q.No. 26-30) : Read each sentence which has four parts to find out whether there is any grammatical mistake or spelling mistake in it. Certain words are given in bold in each part to identify the error Mark the number of that part with error as your answer.
26. Several alarming (1) incidents occurred in recent years (2) and was widely (3) reported in (4) the press.
27. A (1) general public should rise to (2) address the social evil of (3) corporal punishment. (4)
28. The teacher was sought (1) not only for imparting knowledge and (2) skills to students but for also (3) shaping their minds and character. (4)
29. Prolonged (1) television viewvers (2) have a higher risk of (3) fatal pulmonary embolism. (4)
30. I want to (1) travel to sea (2) the world around (3) and appreciate new cultures. (4) Directions
Directions (Q.No. 31-35): Rearrange the following six sentences (A), (B), (C), (D), (E) and (F) in a proper sequence to form a meaningful paragraph and then answer the questions given below.
A) Thomas Smart conferred up-on Sastri the appellation "Silver Tongued Orator of the British Empire" and he was so called all over the United Kingdom.
B) Srinivasa Sastri was known for his mastery over the English language and his oratory . As a student, he once corrected a few passages in J. C. Nesfield's "English Grammar".
C) The Master of Balliol, Arthur Lionel Smith swore that he had never realized the beauty of the English language until he heard Sastri, while Lord Balfour remarked that listening to Srinivasa Sastri made him realize the heights to which the English language could rise.
D) Whenever he was on visit to the United Kingdom, Sastri was often consulted over spellings and pronunciations.
E) Srinivasa Sastri’s inspirations were William Shakespeare, Sir Walter Scott, George Eliot, John Stuart Mill, Thomas Harvey , Victor Hugo and Valmiki - Indian sage and the author of the Hindu epic Ramayana.
F) His mastery over the English language was recognized by King George V, Winston Churchill, Lady Lytton and Lord Balfour who rated him amongst the five best English-language orators of the century.
31. What is the FIFTH sentence after rearrangement?
32. What is the THIRD sentence after rearrangement?
33. What is the FOUR TH sentence after rearrangement?
34. What is the FIRST sentence after rearrangement?
35. What is the SECOND sentence after rearrangement?
Directions (Q.No. 36-40): Choose the word which is wrongly spelt from the five options given.