Objectives of NHB :
- To promote a sound, healthy, viable and cost effective housing finance system to cater to all segments of the population and to integrate the housing finance system with the overall financial system.
- To promote a network of dedicated housing finance institutions to adequately serve various regions and different income groups.
- To augment resources for the sector and channelize them for housing.
- To make housing credit more affordable.
- To regulate the activities of housing finance companies based on regulatory and supervisory authority derived under the Act.
- Head Quarters : New Delhi
- Present MD & CEO : Sriram Kalyanaraman (from 8th July 2015)
- Established on : 9th July 1988
- Vision : Promoting inclusive expansion with stability in housing finance market
- Mission : To harness and promote the market potentials to serve the housing needs of all segments of the population with the focus on low and moderate income housing.