Highlights of Narendra Modi Government
- Foreign Policy :
- BRICS summit saw Narendra Modi make his multilateral debut
- Narendra Modi wins over SAARC countries, extends olive branch to China. He reached out to Pakistan, Nepal, Bhutan and now Japan.
- Japan-India upgraded their partnership to level of "Special Strategic and Global Partnership", and Tokyo agreed to invest $35 billion over next 5 years in India.
- Governance :
- To mark the completion of 60 days, the NDA Government has launched a unique website – MyGov (www.mygov.nic.in) – to engage people in the governance.
- Use of single window clearances for simplifying procedures, quickening processes and using technology.
- Infrastructure :
- Railway Minister announces 100 Per Cent FDI in Indian Railways.
- The Government increased FDI limit in Insurance sector and the Defense Sector.
- Inflation :
- Establishment of "Price Monitoring Cells" to control prices before they spiral out of hand.
- To curb menace of hoarding, stringent laws have been put in place.
- Power Generation
- Modi on his Bhutan & Nepal visit, assured India's assistance in setting hydro power generation plants which would supply power to India too.
- On his maiden visit to Leh, Modi inaugurated two hydro power projects.
- India's first indigenously built anti-submarine warfare Corvette 'INS Kamorta' enters Navy.
- 197 light utility helicopters to be manufactured in India under 'Buy and Make India' initiative.
- 5 more IIMs and IITs to come up
- CBSE celebrates Sanskrit week.
- Narendra Modi asked IITs to take up the defense related manufacturing challenges.