Important Note : Those people who are unable to apply for Postal Assistants Exam no need to be tensed. The Postal Department is likely to extend the Last Date of Applications.
Friends, here is an important update about the Postal Assistant / Sorting Assistant Examination 2014. As you might have observed, a news paper cutting has been circulating in social networking sites and some websites claiming that the Postal Assistants' recruitment is fake. Initially, we too took aback by seeing that article because the report is from one of the leading news papers (Dainik Bhaskar's Patna Edition). So we contacted our friends who are working in Postal Department. Luckily all of them confirmed that the Postal Assistants recruitment is genuine. The news paper article, infact was posted by an overenthusiastic journalist. Before going into details, lets have a look at the news paper article.
What is this article Saying ?
This article claimed that the recruitment is fake because the link they are using for the recruitment (www.pasadrexam2014.in) is not the postal department's website. The postal department's official website is www.indiapost.gov.in. The recruitment / application link www.pasadrexam2014.in was recently created by an individual named Nitesh Bhasin from Dehli. By showing the above mentioned reasons, the news paper claimed that the recruitment is fake.
The Fact : But here the fact is, the postal department hired a private organization to conduct the recruitment process. This is not a new issue, now a days outsourcing is common in all government sector recruitments. Even the IBPS is also an outsourced authority to conduct recruitment exams on behalf of Nationalized Banks.
Here are the sources to confirm the recruitment is not fraudulent
- The official recruitment notification released by the Postal Department. You can see the notification in postal department's Official website from here. In the point number 4, they clearly mentioned to access www.pasadrexam2014.in to check complete details. How come the postal department will give this address if this website is fake ?
- The letter No.60-212014-SpB-I sent from Dak Bhawan, Ministry of Communications & IT, Department of posts to all concerned postal officials, dated 21st February 2014 (you can check the source from here).
- The notification of F. No. A-34012/10/2014-DE Ministry of Communications & Information Technology, Department of Posts (Recruitment Division), Government of India dated 21st February 2014 (you can check the source from here).
- Each post office got a circular regarding this recruitment. You can visit your nearby post office and confirm it.
- In a leading Tamil news channel the higher official of Postal Department explained the application process in detail and answered the queries of aspirants in a live program.
Important Note : Some of our readers felt tensed because the website was showing the message "the server is busy", this is because too many people opened the site at the same time. If you see the message then better switch to another browser or check after some time.
Bottom Line : As the news paper and some other websites are claiming, the postal assistants recruitment is not fake. Its genuine and infact one of the best opportunities to settle in secured job. So don't believe rumors and prepare well for the exam. You can check complete syllabus and preparation plan of postal assistants exam from here. All the best :)
Thanks to Satyanarayana Chari, Subashini, Deepak Kumar, Stuti Rath, Sandeep Singh, Ankit Sharma, Dhinesh, Akash Rai, Ravishankar Kumar, Prem Kumar, Balveer, Anil, Sachin Ghai, Siva Sankar, Dipen Popat and Naresh Kumar Koppala for helping us in clearing the clouds.