- Pakistan has banned media coverage of militant groups like Jamaat-ud-Dawa, JuD, run by 2008 Mumbai terror attacks mastermind Hafiz Saeed, as part of a crackdown on terror enforced under UN restrictions.
- In a major setback for many women across the country, the Supreme Court has said that a
- The apex court held that amended provisions of the Hindu Succession (Amendment) Act, 2005, do not have retrospective effect.
- The father would have to be alive on 9th of September, 2005, if the daughter were to become a co-sharer with her male siblings.
- Union Tribal Affairs Minister Jual Oram inaugurated National Tribal Crafts Mela Aadishilp in New Delhi today.
- 'Aadishilp' is being organised by Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development Federation of India Ltd. (TRIFED) at Dilli Haat will be open till November 11, 2015.
- Unique and exquisite tribal artefacts of more than 90 tribal artisans from all over the country are being exhibited in this Exhibition.
- Union Minister Arun Jaitley and MoS Rajyavardhan Rathore today released the poster of 46th IFFI 2015.
- Important Points to Note :
- IFFI - International Film Festival of India
- This festival will be held from 20th November to 30th November 2015 at Goa.
- ‘Kingdom of Spain’ would be the focus country for IFFI 2015.
- The International Competition at IFFI 2015 will have 15 films from across the globe.
- This year's opening film will be 'The Man Who Knew Infinity.'
- IFFI201 will showcase 187 films from 89 counrties in World Cinema and 26 Feature films &21 Non-feature films in Indian Panorama
- For the first time, IFFI would be recognizing young talents from the world of cinema under its new segment - First Cut.
- Anil Kapoor will be the chief guest for opening ceremony.
- ICFT Prize-UNESCO Fellini Medal to be awarded this year.
Science & Technology
- The International Space Station (ISS) achieved 15 years of a continuous human presence in orbit.
People in News
- Indian Premier League Chief Operating Officer (COO) Sundar Raman resigns from his position.
- Raman had been associated with the IPL since its inception; he had been the right-hand man of Lalit Modi and, after his removal in 2010, worked closely with N Srinivasan.
- Former West Bengal Assembly Speaker Hashim Abdul Halim passed away.
- He had created a record of serving as the Assembly speaker for 29 long years from 1982 to 2011 during the Left Front rule.
- Andhra Bank appoints Suresh N. Patel as MD and CEO.
- He was working as the executive director at the Oriental Bank of Commerce.
- Andhra Bank's CEO post fell vacant from April this year after the then chairman and managing director CV R Rajendran retired from the service.
- Executive director S K Kalra was holding the additional charge as CEO and managing director since then.
- Indian Car maker Tata Motors ropes in Lionel Messi as it's Global Brand Ambassador.
Business & Economy
- Rating agency Moody's Investors Service revised its outlook on India's banking system to "stable" from "negative" on Monday, saying an improving economy would help temper problem-loans on banks' books.
- Moody's, however, cautioned that any recovery in asset quality would be gradual given the high debt levels in Indian companies.
- Anil Ambani owned Reliance Communications is merging the telecom business of Sistema Shyam Teleservices (SSTL) with itself in a cashless deal worth around Rs 4,500-5,000 that will lead to the first major consolidation in the intensely competitive sector since 2009.
- Mercedes driver Nico Rosberg (Germany) has won the 2015 Mexican Gand Prix title of Formula One (F1) by beating Lewis Hamilton.
- Roger Federer has won 2015 Swiss Indoors Basel Title (Tennis) in men’s single category.
Read more Daily Current Affairs updates from here