Study the following information carefully and answer the questions given below:
P, Q, R, S, T, V and J are sitting around a circle facing the centre. S is not an immediate neighbour of V. S is second to the right of T, who is second to the right of Q. R is third to the right of J and second to the left of P.
- Who is on the immediate right of Q?
(a) S (b) R (c) V (d) data inadequate (e) none of these
- What is J’s position with respect to P?
(a) Third to the right (b) Second to the left
(e) None of these
- How many of them are there between Q and S?
(a) 2 only (b) 3 only (c) 4 only (d) 2 or 3 only (e) None of these
- Who among the following is sitting between V and R?
(a) Q (b) J (c) T (d) S (e) None of these
Here, you should draw a rough sketch with the given details... Your sketch will be similar to the below diagram.
Eight members A, B, C, D, E, F, G and H belonging to three families X, Y, Z go for weekend outing in three different cars I, II, III. Four out of the eight members are females. Members of any one family travel in different cars. Each car has at least one male and one female member. Each family has at least two members.
A belongs to family Y and he travels in car III. D is wife of E and they travel in cars I and II respectively. H is son of B, who is wife of G, and they belong to family Z. C is daughter of F, who is wife of A. C travels in car II. G does not travel with F.
1. Which of the following groups of persons travels in car I?
(a) D, F, G (b) D, E, G (c) D, G, H (d) D, F, H (e) None of these
2. Which car has only two members traveling in it?
(a) I (b) II (c) III (d) II or III (e) Cannot be determined
3. Which of the following members of families Y and Z travel in different cars?
(a) F,G (b) C,G (c) F,H (d) C,F (e) None of these
4. Which of the following groups of persons is a group of all females?
(a) B,D,G (b) A,B,C (c) B,E,F (d) D,E,F (e) None of these
5. Which of the following members of families X and Y travel in the same car?
(a) C,F (b) D,F (c) C,D (d) F,E (e) None of these
Cars family X family Y family Z
I D (female) F (female) H (male)
II E (male) C (female) G (male)
III A (male) B (female)
All the six members of a family A, B, C, D, E and F are traveling together. B is the son of C. But C is not the mother of B. A and C are a married couple. E is the brother of C. D is the daughter of A. F is the brother of B.
1. How many male members are there in a family?
(a) 1 (b) 3 (c) 2 (d) 4 (e) 5
2. Who is the mother of B?
(a) D (b) F (c) E (d) A (e) None of these
3. How many children does A have?
(a) one (b) two (c) three (d) four (e) None of these
4. Who is the wife of E?
(a) A (b) F (c) B (d) Can’t be determined (e) None of these
5. Which of the following is a pair of females?
(a) AE (b) BD (c) DF (d) AD (e) None of these
Ø (i) Five boys Abdul, Durgesh, Eshwar, Chand and Bhaskar and five girls Pallavi, Kavitha, Radhika, Savithri and Vasantha sit in two rows facing towards each other. All the boys are in one row and all the girls in the other row.
(ii) Eshwar who is to the immediate right of Bhaskar and opposite to Pallavi is not at any end. Radhika, who is immediate to the right of Kavitha and opposite to Chand, is at one of the ends.
(iii) Abdul is opposite to Kavitha who is the third to the right of Savithri. Durgesh and Vasantha are not opposite each other.
1. Who is in the middle of the row of boys?
(a) Abdul (b) Bhaskar (c) Durgesh (d) Data inadequate (e) None of these
2. Who is immediately to the right of Pallavi?
(a) Vasantha (b) Kavitha (c) Savithri (d) Data inadequate (e) None of these
3. Who is opposite to Durgesh?
(a) Vasantha (b) Radhika (c) Pallavi (d) Data inadequate (e) None of these
4. How many boys are there between Abdul and Bhaskar?
(a) Nil (b) 1 (c) 2 (d) Data inadequate (e) None of these
Durgesh, Eshwar, Bhaskar, Abdul, Chand
Savithri, Pallavi, Vasantha, Kavitha, Radhika
Provided by Harika
Liked this Post? Read more Reasoning Shortcuts Here.