Daily Current Affairs of 30th November 2016
International Current Affairs
- Indian Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar today left for a two-day visit to Bangladesh.
- During his visit, Parrikar is scheduled to meet Bangladesh PM Sheikh Hasina, who also holds the defence portfolio, ahead of her visit to India next month.
- He would also meet President Abdul Hamid and other top leadership.
- Important Point to Note : This is the first ever visit of an Indian Defense Minister to Bangladesh.
- Nepal's government has proposed amending its Constitution to create a new state to meet the demands of the Indian-origin Madhesi community.
- This comes after protests across the country for a bigger federal state last year left over 50 dead.
- Nearly 20 countries, including France and the UK, will attend a New York event celebrating the Diwali postage stamp recently issued by the United States.
- The event, co-hosted by the Permanent Missions of Belarus and India to the United Nations, will be held on December 5.
- Note : It will also honour Ranju Batra, the chairman of the Diwali Stamp Project.
- Thailand's Parliament has invited Crown Prince Maha Vajiralongkorn, who will be formally known as King Rama X or the 10th king of Chakri dynasty, after the recent death of King Bhumibol Adulyadej.
- India is going to host the 6th Heart of Asia Conference.
- This conference will take place in Amritsar, Punjab during 3rd and 4th December 2016.
- INS Darshak has completed Hydrographic Survey for Tanzania.
- The survey was undertaken under the MoU signed for Foreign Cooperation in the field of Hydrography between Tanzania and India on exchange of hydrographic data to promote development and cooperation through conducting surveys, exchange of data, capacity building and infrastructure strengthening.
National Current Affairs
- The National Anthem should be compulsorily played at all cinema halls across the nation before movie screenings, the Supreme Court ordered today.
- It should also be accompanied by the National flag onscreen and any abridged version of the Anthem would not be permitted.
- Everyone present in the halls must rise and pay respect to the National Anthem, the court added.
- According new data from Civil Registration System ( CRS) released by the Office of the Registrar General of India, Sex Ratio at Birth (SRB) continues to worsen in India.
- BJP chief Amit Shah today appointed actor-turned-politician Manoj Tiwari as the BJP's Delhi unit President.
- He has replaced Satish Upadhyay.
- BJP leader Nityanand Rai was appointed as the BJP's Bihar unit chief.
Business & Economic Affairs
- In order to protect farmers and rural account holders from money launderers, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) today limited the cash withdrawal from KYC-linked Jan Dhan accounts to ₹10,000 a month.
- Withdrawals beyond ₹10,000 will be allowed by bankers only after ascertaining the genuineness of such withdrawals.
- Note : Jan Dhan deposits rose by 60% in two weeks after note ban.
- Starting today, Reserve Bank of India (RBI) operated Currency Presses have started printing the new ₹500 notes as two government-owned presses are running behind schedule.
- The RBI presses hope to print around 1 billion of the new ₹500 notes by December end.
- Note : Until now, the RBI operated presses were printing only ₹2,000 and a few lower denomination notes.
- Mukesh Ambani-led Reliance Jio has crossed the 5 crore subscribers mark in record 83 days since its launch in September.
- Jio has reportedly added 1,000 customers per minute since launch.
- Important Points to Note :
- Airtel reached the 5 crore subscribers milestone in 12 years.
- Vodafone and Idea took 13 years each.
Awards & Honors
- Sachin Tendulkar's autobiography 'Playing It My Way' has won the Crossword Book of the Year Award in the autobiography category.
- The book was co-written by cricket historian Boria Majumdar and released in November 2014.
- Note : Earlier, the book had entered the Limca Book of Records for the 'Bestselling Adult Hardback on Release', logging most orders on the first day of publication.
- Ranveer Singh was named the 'International Man of the Year' at the 2016 Esquire 'Man At His Best Awards' held in Dubai.
- Note : Deepika Padukone was awarded the title of 'International Woman of the Year'.
Sports Current Affairs
- Hashim Mansoor, a seven-year-old boy from Kashmir's Bandipora district, has won a Gold medal at the Asian Youth Karate Championships in New Delhi.
- Mansoor won the gold in the sub-junior category (below 25 kg) after defeating a Sri Lankan opponent in the final.
- He has now qualified for the World Championship, to be held next year in September.
This is the end of today's Daily Current Affairs session friends. Good Day :)
Read more Daily Current Affairs updates from here