You can Read the Editorials of 19th August 2016 from here
Indian Express August 19, 2016 Don’t blame it on Rio.
- Cohort – Part of army.
- Hasten – Speed.
- Inevitable – That cannot be avoided.
- Assiduously – Diligent.
- Largesse – Generous giving.
- Sully – To stain or discredit.
- Shenanigans – Secret or dishonest activity / Mischievous behavior.
- Gravamen – That part of an accusation weighing most heavily against an accused.
- Meager – Lean, thin. Too little.
- Squander – To waste.
Indian Express August 19, 2016 The art of war.
- Justifiable – That can be justified.
- Cohesive – Able to stick together.
- Rectify – Put right or straight.
- Underpin – To place a support of masonry etc. under a wall.
- Inertia – Inertness (without power to move or act).
You can Read the Editorials of 20th August 2016 from here
Indian Express August 20, 2016 Not their finest hour.
- Tandem – Bicycle for 2 people.
- Mesh – One of the spaces in a net.
- Stoke – To feed fuel to.
- Spew – To vomit.
- Vitriol – Sulphuric acid.
- Fraternise – To associate with. to make friend with.
- Arouse – To awaken.
- Heed – To take a notice of.
- Savagery – An uncivilized condition.
- Rebuked – To scold, to reprove.
- Overawe – To awe completely.
- Dereliction – Deliberate neglect.
Indian Express August 20, 2016 The bout India lost.
- Saute – A dish of sauted food.
- Simmer – To boil.
- Vouch – To guarantee.
- Saboteur – One who commits sabotage.
- Vindicate – To show or prove that somebody or something is just valid or true.
- Chorus – Band of singers.
- Rigorous – Harsh, strict, severe.
- Lenient – Not severe.