You can Read these Editorials from here
Note: Newspaper wasn't published on 16th August 2016..
Indian Express August 17, 2016 Adventurism on I-Day.
- Rampart – Broad wall built as a defense.
- Lofty – Very high.
- Partisan – One devoted to a cause, a group, a party.
- Oration – A formal public speech.
- Trot – Run at moderate space with small steps.
- Obdurate – Stubborn.
- Heinous – Hateful.
- Repudiate – To disown.
- Jingo – Bellicose patriot.
- Impudence – Being shamelessly rude.
- Riposte – A swift sharp reply in speech or action.
- Vintage – The time when something of quality was produced.
- Oppression – Tyrannies.
- Dissident – Being disagree.
- Juncture – Point of time.
- Divisive – Causing disagreement or hostility between people.
Indian Express August 17, 2016 What the nation says.
- Imbroglio – Complicated or confused situation.
- Clamour – Din.
- Secede – To withdraw from membership.
- Galore – In plenty.
- Brethren – Brothers.
- Ingratitude – Lack of gratitude.
- Naïve – Unsophisticated.
- Monger – Trader.
- Arson – Unlawful act of setting on fire.
- Succumb – To give way to, to yield.