Pratik Ankar here. I am sharing vocabulary from The Hindu Editorial page dated 12/04/2016, as some of friends suggested.
- Revamp (Verb) – To change or arrange something again, in order to improve it. मरम्मत करना, पुननिर्माण करना, पैबंद लगाना.
- Coalition (Noun) – The joining together of different political parties or groups for particular purpose. मेल, संघ, गटबंधन.
- Albeit (Conjunction) – Although. हालांकि.
- Dissidence (Noun) – A person who publicly disagrees with and criticizes their government. मतभेद, विचार भिन्नता.
- Teeter (Verb) – To appear to be about to fall while moving or standing. डगमगाना, लडखडाना.
- Brink (Noun) – The point where a new or different situation is about to begin. कगार.
- Coalesce (Verb) – Connecting and combining. संगठित होना.
- Erstwhile (Adjective) – Former / Previous. भूतपूर्व, पूर्व.
- Emancipated (Adjective) – Not limited socially or politically. बंधनमुक्त.
- Entrant (Noun) – A person who becomes a member of group or organization. नया सदस्य, प्रवेशक.
- Loath (Adjective) – Unwilling to do something. अनिच्छुक.
- Jettison (Verb) – To get rid of something or someone. फेंक देना, प्रक्षिप्त माल.
- Wryly (Adverb) – Showing that you find a bad or difficult situation slightly funny. व्यंगपूर्ण ढंग से.
- Heft (Verb) – To hold, lift or carry something heavy using your hands. तौलना.
- Scotch (Verb) – To prevent something from being believed or being done. रोकना.
- Interregnum (Noun) – A period when a country or organization does not have a leader. व्यवस्था क्रम भंग.
- Ethos (Noun) – The set of beliefs, ideas, etc. about the social behavior and relationships of a person or group. स्वभाव, चरित्र, लोकाचार.
- Stewardship (Noun) – Someone’s stewardship of something is the way in which that person controls or organizes it. प्रबंधन.
- Ignominy (Noun) – Public embarrassment. अपमान, बदनामी.
- Fray (Verb) – Tearing and breaking into pieces. उधेड़नेवाला, घिस जानेवाला.
- Perennially (Adverb) – Lasting a very long time. निरंतर, शाश्वत रूप से.
- Oust (Verb) – To force someone to leave a position of power, job, place or competition. बेदखल
- Brazen (Adjective) – Obvious, without any attempts to be hidden. निर्लज्ज, बेशर्म.
- Pique (Noun) – A feeling of anger. चिढ़ा हुआ.
- Cessation (Noun) – Ending or stopping. अंत, रोकना.
Correct if I got wrong somewhere. Happy Reading.