Note : Click on the Titles to read Editorials
Topic 1 : "Towards peace in the House"
- Confabulation - The act of talking informally.
- Conciliatory - Tending to agree / Willing to end disagreement.
- Aggression - Attacking behaviour / Offensive action.
- Consensus - Majority of Opinion.
- Mandate - Authority to carry it out as a result of winning an election.
- Barring - Excepting.
- Setbacks - Defeat.
- Dimmed - Tending to be unfavourable.
- Negotiate - Deal with.
- Paralysis - Unable to act or function properly.
- Cautionary - Containing a warning.
- Narrative - Series of events.
- Triumph - Victory / Great success.
- Disdain - Think unworthy of notice.
- Barely - Only just / No more than.
- Citing - Mentioning.
- Concede - Accept / Acknowledge as true.
- Debate - Discussion.
- Scrutiny - Investigation / Close and searching look.
- Reckon with - Deal with / Include in consideration.
- Courtesies - Polite behaviour.
- Reciprocated - To make a return.
- Overwhelming - Much greater.
- Hotheads - One who acts too quickly without thinking / Short-tempered person.
- Tenure - Period or term of holding.
Topic 2 : "End the stand-off"
- Detention - Maintenance of a person in custody or in prison.
- Deteriorating - Become worse.
- Inadvertently - Unintentional / Not Attentive.
- Smugglers - Person who import or export goods secretly without the payment of legal duty.
- Crux - Most important part which affects everything else / Basic.
- Protestors - People who express their objection.
- Backlog - Hold in Reserve.
- Piling - Assemblage of things lying one upon the other.
- Serpentine - Curving and winding in shape.
- Obsession - Idea / Domination of one's thought.
- Come a cropper - Unexpected and embarrassing failure.
- Diplomacy - Skill in managing negotiations or handling people.
- Dogmatic - Refused to consider other's opinion.
- Stance - Attitude.
- Seep - Enters gradually.
- Taint - Trace of something bad / Trace of dishonour.
- Confrontationist - Person who face the opposition in an aggressive manner.
- Impasse - Deadlock.