Note : Click on the Titles to read Editorials
Topic 1 : "No diplomacy by stealth"
- Sort out - Solve the problem.
- Materialised - Happened.
- Liberalised - Giving more freedom.
- Regime - Government in power.
- Free rein - Giving lot of freedom to do what they want.
- Substantive - Real or actual.
- Heartening - Cheering or Encouraging.
- Barred - Prevented.
- Penalised - Subject to Penalty.
- Sustained - Maintained.
- Transparent - Easily understood or recognised.
- Confabulation - Act of talking informally.
- Dispatching - Send off as a messenger.
- Unveil - Introduce it to public.
- Certainly - Surely / Without doubt.
- Evaporate - Gradually becomes weaker and eventually disappears completely.
Topic 2 : "Time to abolish criminal defamation"
- Defamation - Spoiling good name of others by telling something bad and untrue about them.
- Stifle - Prevent / Withhold.
- Adverse - Unfavourable.
- Exemplifies - Show or illustrate by examples.
- Emphasise - To draw special attention.
- Chilling effect - Discouraging effect.
- Undermines - Making Weaken / Less strong / Less secure.
- Coercing - Compel by force.
- Self-restraint - Self-control.
- Zeal - Great enthusiasm / Eager.
- Sedition - Any action against government (Speech, Writing, Behaviour)
- Illiberal - Narrow minded / Who do not giving much freedom or choice of action to people.
- Contended - Compete / Argued.
- Proponents - A person who argues in favour of something.
- Veering - Changing in direction.
- Pursued - To continue / To follow.
- Reputation - Good name.
- Alleged - Suspected / Doubtful.
- Covenant - Formal agreement between two or more persons.
- Intimidates - Forcing someone to do things by inducing fear.
- Harassment - Troubling repeatedly.
- Pervasive - Spread throughout.
- Defendants - Person against claim is brought in a court.
- Impairment - The state of being damaged.
- Scrapped - Get rid of / Cancel it.
- Statute book - Record of all the laws made by the government.