Topic 1 : "Peace in the pipeline"
- Sealed it off - Blocked.
- Further afield - Away from / Far and wide.
- Proximity - Nearness in place.
- Abundance - Over sufficient quantity or supply.
- Fractured - Splits into several parts.
- Scepticism - Great doubt about whether something is true or useful.
- Envisage - Think fully or deeply about.
- Certainly - Surely / Without doubt.
- Traverses - To pass through.
- Bad blood - Unfriendly relations.
- Ought to - Ought to is used for the statement which is moral and logical.
- Cajoling - To persuade by promises.
- Actualised - To turn into action or fact.
- Dwell - Stay as a permanent.
Topic 2 : "Splendid decade, but miles to go"
- Splendid - Excellent / Very good.
- Striking - Noticeable.
- Stunted - Slowed or stopped abnormally in growth.
- Wasted - (Here) Tired and weak.
- Rest on one's laurels - Satisfied with one's past or present honors.
- Substantially - Changes a lot.
- Workforce - Total number of persons employed or employable.
- Vulnerable - Weak and Without protection.