Note : There were No Editorials in The Hindu on 13th November 2015
Topic 1 : "Hope on climate & a long road ahead"
- Aided - To promote the progress.
- Convention - Official Agreement between countries.
- Aspirational - Strong desire / Ambition.
- Legacy - Anything handed down from the past.
- Perverse - Contrary.
- Pact - An Agreement.
- Enacting - To make into an act.
- Harmonises - To bring into an agreement.
- Looms - (Here) To rise before the vision with an appearance of great size.
- Crippling - Very serious / Harmful.
- Devastating - Very shocking / Upsetting / Terrible.
- Catastrophic - Causes a sudden terrible disaster.
- Covenant - Formal written agreement.
- Spur - Makes it happen faster or sooner.
Topic 2 : "Setback for Venezuela's socialists"
- Hegemony - Leadership.
- Painstakingly - Careful / Showing diligent care and effort.
- Dictatorship - The government ruled by the person who obtained power by force and is used unfairly and cruelly.
- Optimistic - Hopeful.
- Forecasts - Statement of what is expected to happen in the future.
- Tenure - The period or term of holding.
- On the heels of - Something happens very quickly or immediately after another.
- Resurgence - Tending to rise again.
- Legitimate - According to law / Lawful.
- Tumbled - To fall or decline rapidy.
- Diversify - (Here) To invest in different types of industries, securities etc..
- Devise - To plan / Elaborate.
- Stay afloat - Having just enough money to pay their debts and continue operating.
- Rifts - A serious quarrel or disagreement.
- Setback - A check to progress / Defeat