- 60th Mahaparinirvan Diwas (Death anniversary) of the architect of Indian constitution Dr. BR Ambedkar is being celebrated today.
- Born on April 14, 1891 Bhim Rao Ambedkar was the Chairman of the Constitution Drafting Committee between August 29, 1947 and January 24, 1950.
- He passed away on December 6, 1956 at the age of 65.
- The Constitution of India was adopted on November 26, 1949, before it came into force on January 26, 1950.
- 2015 is being observed as the 125th Birth Anniversary year of B. R. Ambedkar.
- Singapore has replaced Mauritius as the top source of foreign direct investment into India
- During April to September period, India has attracted 6.69 billion dollars FDI from Singapore while from Mauritius, it received 3.66 billion dollars, according to data from the Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion.
- Foreign investment from Singapore has more than doubled from 2.41 billion dollars in the year-ago period.
- Showing solidarity with the flood affected people of Tamil Nadu, many banks including State Bank of India, ICICI Bank and HDFC Bank have decided not to impose any penalty on its Chennai customers for delay in EMI payments.
- Brazil has entered longest recession since 1930s.
- Brazil’s economy contracted by 1.7 percent during July-September 2015 compared to April-June period in 2015.
- Li-Fi, a super-fast alternative to Wi-Fi, has been proven capable of sending data at up to 1GBps in real-world tests.
- At that speed, 100-times faster than current Wi-Fi technologies, a high-definition film could be downloaded in a matter of seconds.
- In a pilot scheme carried of by Estonian start-up Velmenni, the technology was trialled in offices and industrial environments in Tallinn.
- Li-Fi : Light Fidelity
- China's first manned electric aircraft has been given a licence for production.
- The two seater plane was designed by Shenyang Aerospace University and Liaoning General Aviation Academy in north eastern Liaoning province.
- Important Points to Note :
- The RX1E aircraft is powered by rechargeable lithium batteries
- The plane can fly for 45-60 minutes on one 90 minute charge
- It will be used to train pilots and conduct sightseeing flights
- An Indian-American Dr.Vijay M. Rao appointed as Chairperson of RSNA (Radiological Society of North America) Board of Directors.
- Hockey World League Finals :
- India beats world no. 2 Netherlands in the penalty shootout 3-2 to take the bronze medal.
- India last won a medal in an international tournament way back in 1982 when they beat Pakistan 5-4 in the Champions Trophy in Amsterdam.
- 5-time world champion MC Mary Kom wins bronze in International Boxing Association's Olympic Test event,Rio de Janeiro.
- Indian Batsman Ajinkya Rahane becomes fifth Indian batsman to score centuries in both innings of a Test match.
- Here is a table that shows the list of Indian batsmen who have scored centuries in both innings of a test match.
Name of the PlayerRuns : 1st InningsRuns : 2nd InningsOpposite TeamVenueYearVijay Hazare116145AustraliaAdlaide1948Sunil Gavaskar124220West IndiesPort of Spain1971Sunil Gavaskar111137PakistanKarachi1978Sunil Gavaskar107182West IndiesKolkata1978Rahul Dravid190103New ZealandHamilton1999Rahul Dravid110135PakistanKolkata2005Virat Kohli115141AustraliaAdelaide2014Ajinkya Rahane127100South AfricaDelhi2015
Read more Daily Current Affairs updates from here