- Today is International Day of Running / Worled Run Day.
- Today (8th November) is X-Ray Day / International Day of Radiology.
- This is an annual event promoting the role of medical imaging in modern healthcare.
- German Physicist Wilhelm Conrad Röntgen discovered X-rays on this day in 1895.
- The 7th edition of India-Russia Joint Military Exercise ‘Indra-2015’ has begun in Bikaner district of Rajasthan.
- Mahagathbandhan’s (Grand Alliance) wins over two-third majority in Bihar Assembly
- The newly-formed JD(U) - RJD - Congress alliance secured 178 seats in the 243-member House.
- BJP-led NDA wins 58 seats, others get seven seats.
- This gave Chief Minister Nitish Kumar a third term in office.
- Indian boxer Vijender Singh wins 2nd professional bout beating England's Dean Gillen.
- Vidarbha opener Wasim Jaffer today became the first cricketer in Ranji Trophy history to reach the milestone of 10,000 runs.
- He made this achievement in his Group A match against Bengal at the Jadavpur University second campus ground in Saltlake.
- This is the first time the five-digit mark has been breached in the 81-year history of India’s premier domestic cricket competition.
- Indian Railways emerged champions for the first time in 32nd Indian Oil Servo Surjit Hockey Tournament by beating defending champions Indian Oil Corporation of Mumbai at the Olympian Surjit Hockey Stadium here tonight.
Read more Daily Current Affairs updates from here