Business & Economy
- Chinese president XiJinping is on a visit to Vietnam.
- Indian Cabinet today approved,
- Increase in FDI up to US$750 million in Mylan Lab Ltd by Mylan Luxembourg thru subscription of equity shares.
- Scheme to revive power distribution companies - UDAY (Ujwal Discom Assurance Yojana).
- Ex-postfacto allocation of foodgrains for BPL and APL families for Oct & Nov for States yet to implement NFSA.
- Additional foodgrains for BPL and APL families for December 2015 also for States yet to implement NFSA.
- Additional allocation of foodgrains for BPL families at BPL rates from Jan-June 2016 for same States.
- Additional allocation of foodgrains for APL families also from Jan-June ‘16 at 2/3rd of MSP rates for same States.
- Raises MSPs for Rabi Crops of 2015-16 season to be marketed in 2016-17. Wheat:1525 (Prev1450), Barley:1225 (1150), Gram:3425 (3175 ,. Masur:3325 (3075) , Rapeseed/Mustard:3350 (3100), Safflower:3300(3040).
- Additional bonus of Rs 75 per quintal in MSP will be given for gram and masoor dal.
- The Supreme Court upholds ban on online lottery in Kerala and Nagaland.
- The National Green Tribunal (NGT) has banned age-old agricultural practice of straw burning in pollution-ravaged New Delhi and 4 northern western states of Punjab, Haryana, Rajasthan and Uttar Pradesh.
- Ending 10 years of Conservative rule, Canada's new leader Justin Trudeau has been sworn in as new Prime minister.
- Important Points to Note :
- For the first time in the country's history, his cabinet equally balanced between women and men (15 women and 15 men ministers).
- He has inducted a record 4 Indian-Origin Canadians in his Cabinet.
- Indian Origin Ministers in his cabinet
- Amarjeet Sohi - Minister of Infrastructure and Communities
- Bardish Chagger - Minister for Small Business and Tourism
- Harjit Sajjan - Minister of National Defence
- Navdeep Bains - Minister of Innovation
- E-commerce giant, Flipkart has appointed Surojit Chatterjee, former Google product management director, as senior vice president and head of consumer experience and growth.
Business & Economy
- In a move to reduce the demand for physical gold, Prime Minister Narendra Modi today launched Three gold related schemes, including ‘India gold coin’ bearing Ashok Chakra, Gold monetisation and Sovereign gold bond schemes to tap the festive season ahead of Dhanteras and Diwali.
- Important : Check complete details about these 3 Gold Schemes from here
- India surpassed China as the world's largest gold consumer.
- India bought 562 tonnes of Gold so far this year.
- India's former Ambassador to Nepal Bimal Prasad (92), who was also a close associate of Jayaprakash Narayan, passed away.
- Ace shooter Jitu Rai won India's first senior medal at the 13th Asian Shooting Championship, finishing second behind Korea's Park Daehun in the finals of the men's 50m pistol event.
- Australian Michelle Payne has become the first female jockey to win Australia's most prestigious horse race, the Melbourne Cup.
Read more Daily Current Affairs updates from here