- Today (29th November) is International day of solidarity with the Palestinian people.
- On this day, in 1947, the UN General Assembly adopted the resolution on the partition of Palestine (resolution 181 (II))
- Today is Albanian Liberation Day
- On this day in 1944, Albania was liberated from Nazi Germany forces after the Albanian resistance during World War II.
- Important Details you should know about Albania
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi leaves for Paris today to attend Climate Conference, where he will join some 150 heads of nations in climate change negotiations.
- Developing nations are hopeful that PM Modi will push forward their interests in clinching funds to tackle the effects of climate change.
- India submits ambitious Intended Nationally Determined Contribution (INDC) to Paris conference and pledges to reduce carbon emissions by 33 to 35 percent of its GDP by 2030 from 2005 level.
- India aims to reduce emission intensity by using solar and wins energy and would be harnessing latest technology for conventional energy production using coal and other fossil fuels.
- India would be requiring $ 2.5 trillion from climate funds to implement the pledges mentioned in INDC by adapting new technologies and through mitigation plans
- 2015 is likely to be the warmest year on record according to the report released by World Meteorological Organization (WMO).
- 2016 could be even hotter due to the El Niño weather pattern.
- WMO director-general : Michel Jarraud.
- Britain will host the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting (CHOGM) in 2018.
- Important Note :
- The next Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting (CHOGM), staged every two years and bringing together leaders from the 53-country organisation, was due to be held in Vanuatu in 2017 but the tiny Pacific island nation was battered by Cyclone Pam in March, which badly damaged much of its infrastructure and announced that it is unable to host the meeting.
- 27th November was observed as “Indian Organ Donation Day”.
- National registry for patients awaiting organ transplant and organ donors has been launched on this day.
- 14th December will be observed as National Energy Conservation Day.
- The government today said it has advanced the date for implementation of the roll out of Bharat Stage (BS) stage V and VI norms for four-wheelers by 3 years.
- According to the roadmap earlier laid down by the Auto Fuel Policy, BS-V norms were to implemented from April 1, 2022 and BS-VI from April 1, 2024.
- Fertiliser cooperative IFFCO's Joint Managing Director Rakesh Kapur has been elected as Vice-President of the Paris-based International Fertilizer Industry Association (IFA) for two years.
- IFA has 540 Members covering 80 countries.
- Kapur, an ex-IRS officer who has been with Iffco for the last 15 years, is also Chairman of the Fertiliser Association of India (FAI).
- He will also hold the post of Chairman of IFA's finance committee.
- Besides Kapur, there are only two other members from South Asia on the board of IFA.
Business & Economy
- State Bank of India (SBI), the largest public sector lender, has propelled its position from 39th to 35th in the Brand Equity's Most Trusted Brands survey 2015.
- SBI is the only bank to be featured in the top 100 brands conducted by Nielsen survey.
- It is also adjudged India's most valued banking brand.
- The Reserve Bank of India has doubled the limit for short-term loans extended by MicroFinance Institutions (MFIs) in an effort to boost credit to the poor.
- MFIs can now offer Rs 30,000 for loans with tenure of less than 24 months, the central bank said in a statement. As before, there will be no penalty if the loan is repaid before the due date.
- Indian Badminton star PV Sindhu has won Macau Open (Women's Singles) for the third consecutive time by beating Minatsu Mitani of Japan.
- West Indies off spinner Sunil Narine was suspended from international cricket after his bowling action was found ‘illegal’ by the International Cricket Council (ICC) today.
Read more Daily Current Affairs updates from here