- French Parliament overwhelmingly voted to extend air strikes against IS militants in Syria.
- Today (26th November) is 1st Samvidhan Divas / Constitution Day.
- Aim : To spread the importance of the Indian Constitution and to remember the architect of constitution Dr. B. R. Ambedkar.
- Today is 66th National Law Day.
- Today is National Milk Day.
- We observe this day to mark 94th birth anniversary of Dr.Verghese Kurien.
- Kurien is fondly known as the Father of White Revolution in India.
- He is the founder of dairy firm Amul.
- Important Note : India is the world's largest milk producing country, with 16 percent of total global production, followed by America, China, Pakistan and Brazil.
- 7th anniversary of the 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks observed today.
- On this day in 2008, ten Pakistani terrorists had arrived by sea route and opened fire indiscriminately at people killing 166, including 18 security personnel, and injuring several others, besides damaging property worth crores of rupees.
- The attack had begun on 26 November and lasted until 29 November.
- The then Maharashtra ATS Chief Hemant Karkare, army Major Sandeep Unnikrishnan, Mumbai's Additional Police Commissioner Ashok Kamte and Senior Police Inspector Vijay Salaskar were among those killed.
- Ajmal Kasab was the only terrorist who was captured alive.
- He was hanged four years later on November 21, 2012.
- Fulfilling his poll promise, Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar today announced that, Alcohol will be banned in Bihar from 1st April 2016.
- This is the first major announcement by Mr Kumar since he was sworn in as Chief Minister for the fifth time last week.
- Sunil Kanoria, vice-chairman of non-banking finance company SREI Infrastructure Finance Limited, today too over as new President of Associated Chamber of Commerce and Industry of India (Assocham).
- He succeeds Rana Kapoor, managing director and CEO of Yes Bank.
- Nepal's noted Indian-origin businessman, Chiarman of Shree Airlines, Banwari Lal Mittal passed away.
- Mittal had launched Shree Airlines some 16 years ago.
- The airline is the largest chartered helicopter services of Nepal boasting seven helicopters.
- Khekiho Zhimomi, a Rajya Sabha member of Nagaland People's Front, passed away.
- Zhimomi was chairman of Zhimomi Group Of Industries (ZGI).
Business & Economy
- The Urban Development Ministry today approved an investment of Rs. 3,120 crore under the Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation (AMRUT) for enhancing water supply, sewerage network services, storm water drains, non-motorised transport and availability of public spaces, in 102 cities.
- This investment covers, the following five cities,
- Haryana : Rs. 438 crore for 18 AMRUT cities
- Chhattisgarh : Rs. 573 crore for nine citie
- Telangana : Rs. 416 crore for 12 citie
- Kerala : Rs. 588 crore for 9cities
- West Bengal : Rs. 1,105 crore for 54 cities
Science & Technology
- India today successfully test-fired its indigenously developed nuclear capable Prithvi-II missile, which has a strike range of 350 km, as part of a user trial by the army.
- The missile test was carried out from a mobile launcher from launch complex-3 of the Integrated Test Range (ITR) at Chandipur.
- Prithvi-II missile weighs about 4,600 kg is capable of carrying 500 kg to 1,000 kg of warheads.
- It has the ability to dodge enemy missiles.
Read more Daily Current Affairs updates from here