- Prime Minister Narendra Modi unveiled the iron Torana gate in Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia.
- Note : This gate is an exact replica of the Sanchi gate built by Emperor Ashoka.
- Narendra Modi is on a visit to Singapore for the second leg of his 2 nation tour.
- India ranks 4th among world’s most vacation-deprived nations.
- The Union Human Resource Development (HRD) Ministry has constituted a 13 member expert committee exclusively on Sanskrit in its attempt to revive interest in the ancient Indian classical language Sanskrit.
- This committee will be headed by N Gopalaswami [former chief election commissioner (CEC)]
- The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs has given its approval for second extension to the Indian Development and Economic Assistance Scheme (IDEAS).
- Important Points to Note :
- The Government of India has been extending Lines of Credit to African and other developing countries under this Scheme since 2005-06.
- The first extension to the scheme was granted in 2009-2010.
- India and Malaysia today signed Three MoUs for cooperation in cyber security, public administration and culture.
- MOU on Cyber Security
- Signed between : Indian Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT-IN), India and Cyber Security, Malaysia
- Main Elements : To promote closer cooperation and the exchange of information pertaining to cyber security incident managemet, technology cooperation, cyber attacks, prevalent policies & best practices and mutual response to cyber security incidents.
- MOU on CEP
- Signed between : Ministry of Culture, India and Ministry of Tourism and Culture Malaysia)
- Main Elements : To strengthen friendship existing between the two countries and further develop their cultural exchanges and cooperation by way of visits of delegation at various levels and troupes, organising Art Exhibitions, participation of scholars and experts in conferences etc
- MOU on PEMANDU
- Signed between : National Institution for Transforming India (NITI AAYOG, Government of India and PEMANDu, Government of Malaysia)
- Main Elements : To strengthen, promote and develop cooperation in the areas of performance management, project delivery and monitoring related to government programmes to enhance public service delivery, improve efficiency of implementation methods and procedure and develop templates and tools to monitor performance of government programmes.
- Urban Development Minister M Venkaiah Naidu has announced a Rs 3,250 crore special assistance for de-congestion of roads and development of Delhi.
- Under the package, the Delhi government will be provided with Rs 1,500 crore DDA with Rs 1,665 crore and North Municipal Corporation of Delhi with Rs 85 crore for executing various projects.
- Note : Mr Naidu also announced sanction of 96 crore 70 lakh rupees to the Delhi government for taking up Swachh Delhi works through Municipal Bodies and handed over a cheque to city government.
- Uttar Pradesh has entered the Guinness Book of World Records for planting the most number of saplings in one day.
- As a part of its Clean UP, Green UP initiative UP government had under a greening drive of planting 10 lakh saplings in 10 locations in one day.
- Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh : Akhilesh Yadav
- Novak Djokovic becomes the first player to win the ATP World Tour Finals for the fourth consecutive time.
Read more Daily Current Affairs updates from here