- Home Minister Rajnath Singh to embark on a 5-day visit to China on 19th November 2015.
- During this visit, India and China will discuss ways to boost security ties especially on fighting cross border terror and smuggling of Chinese arms to militants in the northeast.
- Important Note : This will be the first visit by an Indian Home Minister to China in a decade.
- India and China today decided to deepen bilateral defence ties and maintain peace and tranquillity at the Line of Actual Control (LAC) besides strengthening cooperation against terror, including at the international level.
- The decisions came after the meeting between a visiting 26 -member delegation led by General Fan Changlong, Vice-Chairman of China's powerful Central Military Commission (CMC) and the Indian side, which was headed by Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar.
- Note : This is the highest-level Chinese defence delegation to visit India in recent years.
- France and Russia bombed Islamic State targets in Syria today, punishing the group for attacks in Paris and against a Russian airliner that together killed 353 people, and made the first tentative steps toward a possible military alliance.
- Odisha government implements National Food Security Act in 14 of the 30 districts of the state in first phase covering 26 lakh families.
- 14 districts which are being covered in this first phase are :
- Angul, Bargarh, Boudh, Balangir, Deogarh, Gajapati, Jharsuguda, Kandhamal, Kalahandi, Koraput, Malkangiri, Nuapada, Sambalpur and Sonepur.
- A Three-member committee constituted by the Delhi Government has recommended the BCCI to suspend Delhi and District Cricket Association (DDCA) over the allegations of financial irregularities within the capital’s cricket administration.
- The committee also suggested the state cricket body should be instead run by an interim committee of cricket professionals.
- Note : This committee was headed by Chetan Sanghi, Principal Secretary of Vigilance Department.
- Government has approved AMRUT Action Plans for 81 cities with total project outlay of Rs 5,748 crore.
- AMRUT - Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation.
- The minimum train passenger fare will go up from Rs 5 to Rs 10 as railways has decided to increase the minimum chargeable fare in non-suburban services at par with the platform ticket.
- It will be effective from November 20th.
- Senior VHP (Vishva Hindu Parishad) leader Ashok Singhal passed way.
- A bachelor and an RSS pracharak all his life, Singhal, adopted an aggressive style in the "kar sewak" campaign in the build up to the demolition of the Babri Masjid in December, 1992.
- Australia fast bowler Mitchell Johnson announced that he will retire from all forms of international cricket at the end of the ongoing second Test against New Zealand that concludes today.
- Johnson is Australia's fourth highest Test wicket taker, with 313 in 73 Test matches, and also took 239 in one day matches.
- Young Indian shuttler Siril Verma clinched a silver medal at the BWF World Junior Championships after suffering a narrow defeat against Chinese Taipei's Chia Hung Lu.
- FIFA, the governing body of football, has banned Nepal's football chief Ganesh Thapa for 10 years for corruption.
- Note : The body also banned the president of the Laos federation Viphet Sihachakr for two years for bribery.
Read more Daily Current Affairs updates from here