- Today (2nd Thursday of November) is World Quality Day.
- This day was designed to increase worldwide awareness of the important contribution that quality makes towards both organisational and national growth, and prosperity.
- Theme of World Quality Day 2015 : Sweet Dreams
- Today (12th November) World Usability Day / Make Things Easier Day.
- Theme of 2015 : Innovation
- Note : 2015 is the Ten Year Anniversary for World Usability Day.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi is on a 3 day visit to United Kingdom (UK).
- He held talks with his British counterpart David Cameron and discussed a host of issues including defence, security, energy and trade.
- Modi will address the British Parliament and deliver a speech at the Guildhall in the financial hub of London.
- He will pay homage at the statue of Mahatama Gandhi, besides paying a visit to where Dr BR Ambedakar had stayed during his studies in London.
- During the visit, Mr Modi will also meet Queen Elizabeth-II at Buckingham Palace over lunch, and interact with CEOs at a round-table meeting.
- Note : During the course of Modi's visit, the two countries are expected to sign a number of agreements on mutual investments and defence cooperation.
- India and Britain today signed a Civil Nuclear Agreement after the two sides held delegation level talks at London on the first day of Prime Minister Narendra Modi's three-day visit to Britain.
- This agreement for cooperation in India's Global Centre for Clean Energy Partnerships will strengthen safety and security in the global nuclear industry.
- Today is Public Service Broadcasting Day.
- People observe this day in the memory of the first and only address by Mahatma Gandhi on All India Radio (AIR) on November 12 in 1947.
- Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal today formed a two-member committee to probe into alleged irregularities in Delhi and District Cricket Association (DDCA).
- The committee consists secretaries of Urban Development and Sports departments.
- New Rail refund rules comes into effect from today.
- According to the revised refund rules, cancellation charges irrespective of class have been doubled.
- As per the rule, the first AC or executive class has been increased from Rs 120 to Rs 240, for second AC or First Class the cancellation charge has been increased from Rs 100 to Rs 200 and for the Third AC/ ACC/3A economy goes up to Rs 180 from Rs 90.
- India's Retail inflation climbs to 5 % in October.
- Industrial production slows to four-month low of 3.6% in September.
- The Indian Institute of Science (IISc) Bangalore broke India's poor ranking spell by making a debut in the world's top 100 universities for engineering and technology.
- IISc made its entry at 99th spot in the list.
- Top 3 institutions in the List are,
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
- Saina Nehwal enters quarterfinal of the China Open Super Series Premier Badminton tournament.
Read more Daily Current Affairs updates from here