- Prime Minister Modi holds bilateral meetings with Heads of State of 20 African countries who have come for India-Africa Forum Summit.
- He has met the Heads of States of Zimbabwe, Benin, Ghana and Swaziland so far.
- Former Pakistan President Pervez Musharraf has admitted in an interview that Islamabad supported and trained groups like the Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) in the 1990s to carry out militancy in Kashmir.
- The former army chief has also said that Lashkar leaders like Hafiz Saeed and Zakiur Rehman Lakhvi enjoyed the status of heroes at that time.
- India along with 190 other members of the UN General Assembly, UNGA, has voted in support of a resolution condemning an economic embargo imposed by the US on Cuba.
- The 193-member United Nations General Assembly adopted the resolution renewing its call for an end to the economic, commercial and financial blockade imposed by the US against Cuba, while also acknowledging the restoration, after nearly 50 years, of diplomatic relations between the two countries.
- Note : Israel and the US were the only two countries to vote against the resolution.
- The 4th edition of Sri Lanka-India bilateral naval exercise SLINEX 2015 began in Trincomalee coast, Sri Lanka.
- According to a World Bank report India ranks 130 out of 189 countries in the ease of doing business, moving up 12 places from last year.
- Top 10 Countries in the list
- New Zealand
- South Korea
- Hong Kong
- United Kingdom
- United States
- Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg is on a visit to India.
- He visited Taj Mahal along with group of seven colleagues.
- He met with students at IIT Delhi, where he spoke of his company’s initiatives and addressed issues such as Net Neutrality and Internet access.
- He termed India as the most important market for the social media giant.
- The government told the Supreme court that foreigners cannot rent a womb in India.
- The Centre declared that surrogacy services would be available only for Indian couples and that it has initiated the process of enacting a law to make commercial surrogacy a punishable offence.
- The 8th edition of National Seed Congress (NSC) has begun in Hyderabad.
- Aim : To deliberate on advanced seed development technologies and regulatory measures.
- Bidhya Devi Bhandari of the Communist party of Nepal (Unified Marxist-Leninist) became the new President of Nepal.
- Important Note : She will be the First Female President of the country.
- Luxembourg ambassador to the United Nations (UN), Sylvie Lucas was appointed as the Chair of the Inter-Governmental Negotiations (IGN) on UN Security Council (UNSC) reforms.
- Citi Bank India has appointed Samiran Chakraborty as its Chief Economist for India.
Awards & Honors
- Renowned music composer A R Rahman was conferred with the fifth Hridaynath Mangeshkar Award.
- Veteran filmmaker Subhash Ghai presented this award to Rahman on the 78th birthday of Pandit Hridaynath Mangeshkar, well-known composer and the younger brother of Lata Mangeshkar and Asha Bhosle.
Business & Economy
- CBI books REI Agro Limited and its Directors for cheating banks of about 4000 Crore Rupees.
- 16th National Women Boxing Championship kicks off at Bongaigaon in Assam.
- Viswanathan Anand draws with Chinese Liren Ding in the second round of Bilbao Masters Final in Bilbao, Spain.
Important : Download Complete Banking Awareness Quick Reference guide for IBPS PO V from here
Read more Daily Current Affairs updates from here