Business & Economy
- Today (27th October) is World Day for Audiovisual Heritage.
- This commemorative day was chosen by UNESCO in the year 2005 to raise of awareness of the significance of and preservation risks recorded sound and audiovisual documents (films, sound and video recordings, radio and television programmes).
- Theme of 2015 : “Archives at Risk: Protecting the World Identities”
- Today is 24th Independence Day of Turkmenistan.
- It became independent upon the dissolution of the Soviet Union in 1991.
- About Turkmenistan
- Capital - Ashgabat
- President - Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedow
- Currency - Turkmen new manat
- According to the World Health Organization (WHO)'s recent report, Processed meats - such as bacon, sausages and ham - do cause cancer.
- The Maharashtra government today withdrew the controversial circular on sedition law, which says that charges can be imposed on anybody who, by words, signs or visible representation, criticises politicians or elected representatives belonging to the government.
- The government today released the First ever Hindi atlas book on India's indigenous "Mars Orbiter Mission (MOM)".
Business & Economy
- The government today set up a high-level committee to suggest simplification of Income Tax laws, a report that could form basis for tinkering with the controversial retrospective applicability of tax.
- The 10-member panel, headed by former Delhi High Court Justice R V Easwar, has been asked to submit a preliminary report by January 31, just in time for incorporating suggestions that need legislative approval in the Budget for 2016-17.
- Swiss processed foods major Nestle has resumed manufacturing of Maggi noodles at three of its India facilities and will hit the markets after getting clearances from food testing laboratories.
- Railways today received Rs 2000 crore from Life Insurance Corporation (LIC), the first tranche of its financial assistance for investment in 50 projects involving construction of new lines and electrification of routes as part of its capacity augmentation programme.
- Note : Railways had signed an MoU with LIC in March this year for financial assistance of Rs 1.5 lakh crore over the next five years for construction of new lines and route electrification. There is a five-year moratorium on interest and loan repayment
- The International Olympic Committee has announced that refugee athletes will be allowed for the 1st time to take part in next year's Olympics.
Important : Download Complete Banking Awareness Quick Reference guide for IBPS PO V from here
Read more Daily Current Affairs updates from here