- India-Africa Forum Summit 2015 will be held from Tomorrow (26th October) to 29th October in New Delhi.
- This is the largest summit of African countries outside Africa.
- Leaders from 54 African countries & Unions have been invited at the Summit.
- Note : This will be the biggest summit that New Delhi will be hosting since the NAM summit of 1984.
- External Affairs Minister SushmaSwaraj with African envoys has inaugurated an India Africa Rose Garden in Chanakyapuri in New Delhi ahead of the third India Africa Summit.
- The rose garden will be symbolic of the fragrance and colour that the India-Africa relationship is increasingly getting imbued with.
- Each of the 42 African envoys will be planting a rose sapling, along with Swaraj, in the rose garden.
- The garden will be maintained by the New Delhi Municipal Committee (NDMC).
- Today (last Sunday of October) is world Mother in Law Day.
- Hurricane Patricia hits Mexico’s Pacific coast, bringing downpours, surging seas and cyclonic winds.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi is going to visit England next month.
- This visit will deepen the bonds between the two countries.
- From January 1st next year, there will be no requirement of interview for Group D,C and
- In the wake of the recent protests over the alleged desecration of the Guru Granth Sahib, the Punjab Government has replaced Director General of Police (DGP) Sumedh Singh Saini with Suresh Arora.
- Saini was transferred to the Punjab Housing Corporation in a decision taken last evening.
- US President Barack Obama has named Brett McGurk as the new official in charge of the US led coalition against the Islamic State group in Syria and Iraq.
Awards & Honors
- With a fortune of $79.8 billion, a Spanish businessman and founding chairman of the Inditex fashion group, Amancio Ortega overtook Microsoft founder Bill Gates for the first time ever to became the World's Richest Man.
- South Africa beat India by 214 runs in the fifth and final ODI match at Wankhede stadium in Mumbai and won the series 3-2.
Important : Download Complete Banking Awareness Quick Reference guide for IBPS PO V from here
Read more Daily Current Affairs updates from here