- The Nepal government today formed a 5 member committee for holding a dialogue with the agitating Madhesi community.
- This five-member committee will hold talks with the agitating groups including the Joint Democratic Madhesi Front.
- This committee will be headed by : Kamal Thapa (Deputy Prime Minister)
- India asked Russia to share any information it has on the Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose.
- Russia told that it will look into the matter and will let India know if there is any information on NetajiFiles.
- Russian Foreign Minister : Sergey Lavrov
- India's External Affairs Minister : Sushma Swaraj
- NATO is launching Trident Juncture Military Exercise 2015 in Italy.
- Trident Juncture is NATO's biggest military exercise in 13 years, mobilizing 36,000 soldiers, sailors and airmen from more than 30 countries to test the alliance's ability to respond to new security threats.
- Spain and the United States signed an agreement to further discuss the cleanup and removal of land contaminated with radioactivity after a mid-air collision in 1966 dumped four U.S. hydrogen bombs near the southern Spanish village of Palomares.
- Signed between :
- Spanish Foreign Minister : Jose Manuel Garcia-Margallo
- U.S. Secretary of State : John Kerry
- Leader of the Liberal Party, Justin Trudeau elected as Canada's new Prime Minister.
- Important Points to Note :
- Trudeau is the eldest son of former Prime Minister of Canada Pierre Trudeau who was in office for 16 years and led the country till 1984.
- Trudeau will be the first Prime Minister to follow a parent into office.
- Trudeau (43) also became the second youngest Prime Minister of Canada.
- The youngest Prime Minister of Canada was Joe Clark (40 years when he assumed office).
- AAP MLA Imran Hussain took oath as a new Minister in the Delhi Cabinet.
- Hussain, MLA from Ballimaran was inducted in the Arvind Kejriwal government following the sacking of Food and Supply Minister Asim Ahmed Khan on corruption charges.
- The Union Government has named veteran sports administrator Vijay Kumar Malhotra as the new President of the All India Council of Sports.
Business & Economy
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has signed an information sharing pact with the Central Bank of UAE.
- The MoU was was signed by Saeed Abdulla Al Hamiz, assistant governor for Banking Banking Supervision Affairs on behalf of Central Bank of UAE and Meena Hemchandra, executive director on behalf of RBI.
- Indian IT giant Infosys is acquiring US-based consulting firm Noah Consulting LLC.
- Founded in 2008, Noah Consulting provides advanced information management consulting services for the oil & gas industry and employs 122 consultants.
- Noted Kannada film maker Kikkeri Shamanna Lakshminarayana Swamy (KSL Swamy) who was popularly known as Ravee passed away.
- KSL Swamy has directed more than 30 films and he made his debut with the 1966 film ‘Thoogudeepa’.
- He won a National Award for his film ‘Jamboo Savari’ in the year 1989, under the category of Best Childrens’ Film.
- In 2013, he was awarded the Padma Bhushan, Dr. B. Saroja Devi National Award for his immense contribution to cinema.
- ‘Bhagya Jyothi’, ‘Sri Krishna Rukmini Satyabhama’, ‘Bhoomige Banda Bhagavantha’, ‘Jambu Savari’, ‘ Harakeya Kuri’ and Maha Edabidangi are few of his famous movies.
- Veteran batsman Virender Sehwag has formally announced his retirement from international cricket, more than two-and-a-half years on from his last appearance for India.
- On his 37th birthday today, he made this announcement via Twitter.
- Punjab government cancels the Sixth edition of Kabaddi World Cup 2015 which was scheduled to be held across the state in November 2015 following tense situation in the State over the sacrilege of a Sikh holy book
Read more Daily Current Affairs updates from here