- G4 Summit Highlights
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has hosted a special high-powered summit called G4 Summit in New York.
- This G-4 summit is very special to India because this summit was hosted by India for the first in more than 10 years (after 2004)
- The G4 nations comprising Brazil, Germany, India, and Japan are four countries which support each other’s bids for permanent seats on the United Nations Security Council.
- Leaders of G4 Countries :
- Indian PM Narendra Modi
- Germany Chancellor Angela Merkel
- Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe
- Brazilian President Dilma Rousseff
- In this summit, the G4 countries emphasized that they were "legitimate candidates for permanent membership" in an expanded and reformed UN security council and supported each other's candidature.
- India’s Permanent Representative to the UN : Asoke Mukerji
- PM Narendra Modi meets with top Fortune 500 CEOs. Some Important names are,
- The Jharkhand Government has implemented the Food Security Act that aims at providing subsidised food grains to around 80 percent of the state's population.
- Important Points to Note :
- The scheme would cover 51,70,159 total number of families and more specifically 2,33,40,832 people have been identified for getting rice at Re 1 per kg per head.
- As many as 37,37,609 people in the list are from Antyodaya.
- Chief Minister of Jharkhand : Raghuwar Das
- In a significant development, the Gujarat High Court has ruled that in cases of minor Muslim girls, the Prohibition of Child Marriage Act, 2006, will prevail over the provisions of Muslim personal laws.
- Assam govt sanctions Rs 850 cr to implement development schemes for the benefits of 76 lakh people.
- Chief Minister of Assam : Tarun Gogoi
- Guangzhou Open 2015
- The world number one team of Sania Mirza (India) and Martina Hingis (Switzerland) lift Women's double title by beating Xu Shilin and You Xiaodi.
- This is their Second WTA title in a row
- They have now won six of 13 events they have played since joining forces in March -- Indian Wells, Miami, Charleston, Wimbledon, the US Open and now Guangzhou.
- Manipur Governor Dr Syed Ahmad (75) passed away.
- Note : He was shifted from Jharkhand to Manipur this May.
People in News
- CBI has registered corruption case against Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh.
- Mr Singh is facing allegations of corruption and acquiring disproportionate assets during his tenure as Union Steel Minister.
- Troubled car maker Volkswagen which is caught in an emission cheating scandal named Matthias Mueller, head of the group's Porsche unit, to be the new CEO
Science & Technology
- The 50-hour countdown for the launch of Astrosat, India's first dedicated satellite for the study of astronomy began at 8 am today (26th September) at the Satish Dhawan Space Centre, Sriharikotta.
- Astrostat will be launched at 10 am on 28th September 2015.
- The satellite will be put into a low-earth, equatorial orbit by the polar satellite launch vehicle PSLV-C30.
Read more Daily Current Affairs updates from here