- Jharkhand has imposed a ban on the sale of thermocol plates with the move aimed at the promotion of leaf plates in the state.
- The move will help generate employment for the poor and tribals who are engaged in making leaf plates.
- Jharkhand Chief Minister : Raghuvar Das
- Uttar Pradesh Govt launches a first-of-its kind news portal titled www.Upnews360.In.
- This portal provides news about the UP government.
- Launched by : Akhilesh Yadav (Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister)
- Note : The UP CM’s official visits to different districts of the state, government events and CM’s posts and comments on social media is being updated in text and video format on the portal on a regular basis.
- The election commission of India has instructed Bihar government to immediate stop ongoing ‘Badh Chala Bihar’ (Bihar moving forward) campaign.
- Chief Minister Nitish Kumar had launched this high-tech ‘Badh Chala Bihar’ (Bihar moving forward) initiative on 9th June 2015 to directly reach out to the masses and seek their ideas and suggestions for the state’s development.
- Note : Voting for 24 seats of legislative council in Bihar will take place on July 7. The election process will complete on July 14.
- The Haryana Government today launched a Village Mentoring Project (VMP) to improve healthcare and education of the villagers with a special emphasis on girl child.
- The project would create awareness among the villagers about various issues including educating girl child, health, financial matters etc.
- Haryana Chief Minister : Manohar Lal Khattar
- 20th June is observed as World Refugee Day.
- This day is dedicated to raising awareness of the situation of refugees throughout the world.
- Themes of World Refugee Day :
- 2015 : With courage let us all combine
- 2014 : Migrants and Refugees: Towards a Better World
- 2013 : Take 1 minute to support a family forced to flee
- 2012 : 1 family torn apart by war is too many
- 2011 : 1 refugee without hope is too many
- 2010 : 1 refugee forced to flee is too many
- Portugal Football team captain and the Real Madrid superstar, Cristiano Ronaldo, has a galaxy named after him.
- Astronomers have named a newly discovered galaxy as CR7 (COSMOS Redshift 7) after this Portuguese footballer.
People in News
- The Karnataka Lokayukta filed FIRs against former chief ministers and BJP and JDS leaders BS Yeddyurappa and HD Kumaraswamy in an alleged illegal land denotification case.
- According to RTI documents, Kumaraswamy and Yeddyurappa have been made, respectively, the number one and number two accused in the case.
- Both former chief ministers are accused of denotifying a prime plot to benefit Kumaraswamy's relative.
- India's men singles shuttler B Sai Praneeth along with two other doubles pairs advanced to the semifinals of the USD 120,000 US Open Grand Prix Gold badminton tournament at New York.
Read more Daily Current Affairs updates from here