- The President of Tanzania, Jakaya Mrisho Kikwete, is on a visit to India from 17th June to 21st June.
- India and Tanzania countries decided to establish a Joint Working Group to strengthen cooperation in counter terrorism, both countries also sign several agreements in the filed of education and tourism.
- List of MoUs signed between India and Tanzania.
- Memorandum of Understanding on the establishment of a partnership program in official statistics : It was signed between the Centre East African Statistical Training (EASTC) in Tanzania and the formation of the National Academy Statistical System (NSSTA) in India, and include strengthening staff capacity EASTC and other African countries in official statistics.
- Memorandum of Understanding on cooperation in agricultural statistics, computer applications and Bioinformatics : It was signed between EASTC and the Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR), Indian Institute for Agricultural Statistics Research (IASRI) to strengthen the capacity of staff
- Memorandum of Understanding on cooperation in the field of tourism : To strengthen bilateral cooperation in the sectors of tourism and hospitality.
- Loan Agreement to operationalize the Line of Control : the agreement between Exim Bank and Government of Tanzania the LOC to $ 268.35 million for the extension of the pipeline project was signed Lake Victoria.
- Agreement for the appointment of the first and PMC : the agreement between WAPCOS (UAR under M / or water) and the Government of Tanzania for preparation of DPR for the pipeline project was signed Lake Victoria
- Memorandum of Understanding for cooperation in the field of hydrography and the Protocol on the exchange of hydrographic data : Promote the development and cooperation in the field through the hydrographic surveys, data sharing, capacity building and strengthening infrastructure.
- Important Details about Tanzania
- Capital : Dodoma
- Official languages : Swahili, English
- Currency : Tanzanian shilling
- President : Jakaya Mrisho Kikwete
- PM : Mizengo Pinda
- Important Points to Note :
- India is the largest trading partner of Tanzania with bilateral trade in 2013-14 being valued at more than $4 billion. Apart from trade relations, India is also an important destination for Tanzanians seeking high quality healthcare and education, the statement adds.
- Indians form the largest expatriate community in Tanzania with over 60,000 People of Indian Origin (PIOs) living and working in that country. In addition there are approximately 10,000 Indian expatriates in the country.
- India releases 88 Pakistani fishermen as goodwill gesture during Ramadan.
- Pakistan also released 113 Indian fishermen lodged in a jail in a goodwill gesture.
- Bhagavad Gita, the sacred ancient Indian scripture, has made its debut in China after its Chinese version was released during an international yoga conference.
- Translated by : Professor Wang Zhu Cheng and Ling Hai of Zhejiang University
- Published by : Sichuan People's Publications
- Released by : Ashok K Kantha (Indian Ambassador to Chin)
- Union Agriculture Minister Radha Mohan Singh Launched Weather alert service NOWCAST and Insurance Web-Portals for Farmers (www.farmer.gov.in).
- Keith Vaz, Britain's longest-serving Indian-origin MP was re-elected as chair of Parliament's influential Home Affairs Select Committee.
- Note : He was re-elected as Chairman of HASC for third time.
Science & Technology
- China has produced BX1E, the world's first electric passenger aircraft to gain an airworthiness certificate.
- The "BX1E" has a 14.5-metre wingspan and a maximum payload of 230 kg.
- It can fly at an altitude of 3,000 metres.
- The plane was designed by the Shenyang Aerospace University and Liaoning general aviation academy in the northeastern Liaoning province.
- ISRO has announced that it will provide navigational support to the country's railways through 'Gagan'.
- Gagan is an indigenous navigational guide system developed by Isro on the lines of GPS system of the US.
- GAGAN : GPS-Aided Geo-Augmented Navigation system.
Business & Economy
- HDFC Bank, India's second-largest private sector lender, has launched a 10-second paperless instant loan plan for its existing customers.
- In this new plan, the entire process of availing the loan is completely paperless, and users can simply log into their bank account via net-banking or mobile banking and avail of this loan at a click", it added.
- Managing Director of HDFC Bank : Aditya Puri
Awards & Honors
- Eminent scientist and recipient of Bharat Ratna CNR Rao was conferred Japan's highest civilian award for promoting academic interchange and mutual understanding in science and technology between the two countries.
- He was presented with the 'Order of the Rising Sun, Gold and Silver Star' and certificate by Japanese ambassador to India Takeshi Yagi in the presence of senior officials of the Department of Science and Technology, which Rao has helped shape up over the years.
- India captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni has been fined 75 per cent of his match fees for allegedly shoving young Bangladesh pacer Mustafizur Rahman during the first ODI match in Mirpur.
- Mustafizur Rahman was also fined 50 per cent of his match fees after being found guilty of breaching Code of Conduct.
Read more Daily Current Affairs updates from here